Friday, 20 July 2012 16:30
The Department of Social Welfare and Development IX (DSWD) has conducted a Civil Society Organizations (CSO) evaluation and planning workshop Wednesday afternoon in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay.
More than 50 CSO participants from Zamboanga Peninsula participated in the one-day evaluation and planning workshop.
DSWD gave a Presentation of Regional Situationer on Poverty Incidence, Presentation of National Household Targetting System Data (NHTS-PR), a briefing on the DSWD programs, such as the KALAHI-CIDSS, Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program 4Ps, and the SEA-K, an Orientation on Memorandum Circular No. 7, and Current Updates on Public and Private Partnership.
DSWD National Office Executive Assistant and CSO Focal Person Roy Calfoforo, who was the guest during the program, said that “We do this nationwide with the objective of tapping the CSO and harnest them to help in terms of 'bantay, gabay, tulay, kaagapay', framework.”
The official sees that the CSO may greatly help the beneficiaries of the DSWD programs, especially the "Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino" program when it comes to monitoring and other assistance.
This will also strengthen the partnership between the DSWD and the CSO in Zamboanga Peninsula.
A workshop was also given to the participants where they went on a planning session.
The KALAHI-CIDSS, Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program, and the SEA-K, are the flagship program of the department for poverty alleviation.
By: R.G. Antonet Go
- 21/07/2012 10:59 - Man held for violating gun ban
- 21/07/2012 10:59 - Budget for SPES increases to P19m
- 21/07/2012 10:55 - ZCMC on alert against EV71
- 20/07/2012 16:35 - Ex-soldier, fish vendor killed in separate shooting incidents
- 20/07/2012 16:31 - DIPO Director Barcena visits City Council
- 20/07/2012 16:28 - Elago calls on LTO to look into plate stickers stealing
- 20/07/2012 16:20 - Fabian wants peace and order solve, patterned from Davao
- 20/07/2012 16:19 - ICAS wins Bong Atilano’s basketball tourney
- 20/07/2012 16:17 - GPH-MILF's 29th peace talks end in Malaysia
- 20/07/2012 16:15 - Pilar confirms school rules disallowing Muslim female studes wearing 'hijab'