Thursday, 19 July 2012 10:56
Councilor Mel Sadain has bolted out from the Zamboangueño for the Transformation of Zamboanga (ZTZ) of former Zamboanga del Norte congressman Romeo Jalosjos.
In an interview, Sadain said he will just keep it to himself and his family the reason why he pulled out of mayoral aspirant Jalosjos' ZTZ and will not further elaborate on the rationale of his decision.
Sadain disclosed that he will run as an independent candidate under the PDP-Laban of which he is the vice chairman.
“It does not mean I will run alone, but as of now since we still do not have a mayoral candidate to support then I will consider running as an independent candidate,” Sadain emphasized.
The alderman of District 1 had earlier joined the ZTZ even fancied his desire to run for the congressional seat in District 1 but later decided to slide back to the position of councilor and gave way the congressional post to former priest Cris“Monsi” dela Cruz.
Sadain said it was due to the consultations he made with his family where they arrived at the conclusion that he should finish his last term in the City Council.
Stunned by Sadain's announcement, ZTZ legal counsel Atty. Giovanni Luistro said Sadain’s quick decision to bolt out from the ZTZ has kept them in the dark.
“We don’t know why he just got out from the group. We are in the dark, but we will respect his decision and wish him all the luck,” Luistro said.
Luistro said it is democracy in action and they cannot force Sadain to come back to ZTZ.
By Nonong Santiago
- 19/07/2012 11:10 - SP lauds Zambo body builder 2nd placer in int’l tourney
- 19/07/2012 11:09 - Economic growth should be main goal political, constituional reform
- 19/07/2012 11:05 - Fisherman shot, hurt in Sacol
- 19/07/2012 11:02 - Hataman assures protection for students coerced in ARMM registration fraud
- 19/07/2012 11:01 - 300 Lamisahan school kids benefit from Rouser's club outreach
- 19/07/2012 10:54 - Solons declare war against online piracy
- 19/07/2012 10:52 - Wanted Abu Sayyaf kidnapper captured in Lamitan City
- 18/07/2012 13:22 - Port services firm faces dilemma on retrieval of top lift at wharf
- 18/07/2012 13:21 - Angara graces 34th NDPR Week
- 18/07/2012 13:20 - Beng seeks DOTC help for Zambo port