Monday, 16 July 2012 12:31
A motorist was killed while his back-rider was seriously wounded after they were allegedly bumped by a Fuso truck along Purok 3, Barangay Talisayan, this city, last Friday.
Reports identified the fatality as Joseph Morales, of legal age, driver of the Honda Wave 100 with plate number JL 3632, of Barangay Pamucutan, this city; while his wounded back-rider was Oscar Boltron Jr. y Arsolon.
Police identified the truck driver as Renieboy Lodevice y Serra, of legal age, also of Pamucutan.
Initial investigation by Ayala Police Station disclosed that the victims were aboard the motorcycle from Pamucuatan heading towards Talisayan highway while the Fuso truck with plate number JCW 159 was traversing in opposite direction.
Report showed that upon reaching infront of Kitong Store in Purok 3, Talisayan, the truck accidentally bumped the motorcycle and the victims were allegedly thrown to the concrete pavement of the road.
Morales sustained severe injuries on the different parts of his body and head causing his untimely death while Boltron suffered minor injuries on his body was brought to the hospital for medical attention.
Both vehicles were brought to the police station for safekeeping and further investigation.
The truck driver was temporarily detained pending proper investigation of the case.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 16/07/2012 12:37 - DOST approves P13M projects for 29 SETUP
- 16/07/2012 12:36 - Drunken man hacked by pal in Brgy. Cacao drinking spree
- 16/07/2012 12:34 - Peace talks between government, MILF resume today in Malaysia
- 16/07/2012 12:33 - Liozo represents fundraiser seminar in Thailand
- 16/07/2012 12:32 - Lobregat to Zamboangueños: 'Think about future of children'
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - Police clarifies report on Tetuan hold-up
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - Group bats for Human Rights instruction in schools
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - CEB removes fuel surcharge in all domestic seat sale
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - Cyclist dies in Culianan road accident
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - City Government gets ECC for Salaan sanitary landfill