Sunday, 15 July 2012 00:00
A cyclist died the other day in Barangay Culianan from injuries suffered after his bicycle was bumped by motorcycles, police said.
The Culianan Police Station said Rolando Mendoza y Cunanan, 73, widower, a resident of the same place, died of severe head injury.
Chief Inspector Danilo Tendero of Culianan police office Mendoza was ran over by two motorcycles along the junction of MCLL Highway and Nazareth village.
He said the victim was pronounced dead on arrival by the attending physicians of Zamboanga Doctor’s Hospital.
Initian investigation diclosed disclosed that the victim was driving his BMX bicycle crossing the lane towards the opening between the two cemented barriers to the road leading to east coast direction when he was accidentally hit by a color yellow Honda motorcycle with plate number JM 6549 driven by Sergeant Leo Gonzales traversing towards Barangay Cabaluay direction.
It said as a result, the victim fell on the concrete pavement of the road and was ran over by the incoming color red motorcycle Yamaha 100cc without registered license plate number driven by Jonas Limen.
Investigators said the driver of Yamaha motorcycle lost control of the vehicle’s steering bar and landed to the left side of the slowly moving Public Utility Jeepney (PUJ) with plate number JVG 552.
The vehicles involved in the incident were brought to Culianan Police Station and impounded their for safekeeping and proper disposition.
The body of the victim was brought to St. Peter Funeral Parlor for the post mortem examination.
The accident is being investigated by Culianan police. A case for reckless imprudence resulting to homicide is being readied against the suspects in court.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 16/07/2012 12:32 - Lobregat to Zamboangueños: 'Think about future of children'
- 16/07/2012 12:31 - 1 killed, 1 hurt in Barangay Talisayan road acccident
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - Police clarifies report on Tetuan hold-up
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - Group bats for Human Rights instruction in schools
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - CEB removes fuel surcharge in all domestic seat sale
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - City Government gets ECC for Salaan sanitary landfill
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - Drinking spree turns bloody in Bunguiao
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - Nuño gets honorary degree
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - 1 of Chinese woman’s killers identified
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - Sarangani power plant up soon