Friday, 13 July 2012 14:56
The Zamboanga City Electric Cooperative (ZAMCELCO) yesterday announced that it will conduct special elections in Districts II, V and X simultaneously on August 5, 2012 (Sunday).
ZAMCELCO OIC Mr. Charito C. Mabitazan said the Board of Directors in their regular meeting on July 6, 2012, adopted a Resolution No. 60-12 calling for the conduct of special district elections in the mentioned districts.
It will be recalled that on May 13, 2012, District II had its regular election, but the same was considered a failure as the total number of voters failed to meet the quorum requirement, hence, the need to call for a special election.
In Districts V and X, the special election is to fill the vacancy following the disqualification of the incumbent board members per Order from the National Electrification Administration (NEA).
"A special election is called by the Board, through a resolution- as in the above mentioned districts- to fill any vacancy due to resignation, disqualification, death and similar causes, and if the unexpired term is two years or more; the last election in districts V and X was on May 2011 and the vacancy occurred in the same year, hence, the unexpired term is still more than two years until the next regular election in 2014," Mabitazan said.
Election refers to the process of choosing a director in a district to represent its members in the Coop's Board of Directors through secret balloting, and Board of Directors is the body composed of representatives elected in every district to promulgate policies, rules and regulations necessary for the operation of the electric cooperative.
Bonafide coop members in the mentioned electing districts who are interested to run for a seat in the board, may secure the official form of the Certificate of Candidacy at the ZAMCELCO office during office hours.
The last day of filing of the Certificate of Candidacy is on July 26, 2012 or ten days before the scheduled election through the Member Services Division (MSD), Institutional Services Department at Putik Office.
Management also advises Coop members who do not have their Coop ID cards to see the MSD office for more details on how to secure and/or replace ID cards. Press Release
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - Nuño gets honorary degree
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - 1 of Chinese woman’s killers identified
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - Sarangani power plant up soon
- 15/07/2012 00:00 - Solis: Three-cornered fight for mayor in Zambo City
- 13/07/2012 15:06 - Six people killed, 20 others wounded in Basilan blast
- 12/07/2012 15:41 - More than one person killed by gunshot daily in Zambo
- 12/07/2012 15:19 - Six people killed, 20 others wounded in Basilan blast
- 12/07/2012 15:18 - Beng nominated to TESDA Kabalikat Awards
- 12/07/2012 15:15 - Comelec first day of ARMM's voters registration went okay
- 12/07/2012 15:14 - DSWD gears up for NHTS assessment nex year