Thursday, 12 July 2012 15:14
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is gearing up to conduct the National Household Targeting System (NHTS) assessment scheduled next year in Region IX.
Officials are putting up P44 Million for the assessment which includes thepayment of the enumerators and others operational expenses that may be incurred during the assessment.
The NHTS is being done to identify the poor households.
DSWD IX Planning Officer and NHTS Focal Person Hasan B. Alfad said tha they will hire five Provincial Coordinators, 173 area supervisors, and 886 enumerators for the assessment.
According to Alfad, the hiring for the said positions will start on December this year.
He said the assessment will be conducted on August 2013 for 30 working days while the proxymeans on October and November and the release of results on December.
DSWD IX is targeting to assess 415,907 poor households in the whole region and 72,000 in Zamboanga City.
Several data will collected from the family such as educational background, occupation, how many are living in a household and others during the assessment.
Some information included in the NHTS are the number of poor Indigenous People, Senior Citizens, Persons With Disability, and how many daycare centers.
Last 2009, the office hired several enumerators who went from house to house to do a survey and after the results were all collated this will comprise the NHTS.
The result of the NHTS is being used by the several government agencies to identify the poorest of the poor such as the DSWD, Philippine Health Insurance (PhilHealth), Department of Health (DOH), Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and Department of Agriculture (DA).
The DSWD is using the results for their program such as the Social Pension, Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program and others.
By: R.G. Antonet Go
- 13/07/2012 14:56 - Zamcelco sets special elections in Districts II, V & X on Aug. 5
- 12/07/2012 15:41 - More than one person killed by gunshot daily in Zambo
- 12/07/2012 15:19 - Six people killed, 20 others wounded in Basilan blast
- 12/07/2012 15:18 - Beng nominated to TESDA Kabalikat Awards
- 12/07/2012 15:15 - Comelec first day of ARMM's voters registration went okay
- 12/07/2012 15:12 - Elago stresses need for rugby boys, girls rehab center
- 12/07/2012 15:12 - Jimenez shifts support to Climaco
- 12/07/2012 15:11 - Man arrested for firing gun in Cabatangan
- 12/07/2012 15:06 - Zambo's airport terminal fee to increase from P40 to P150
- 12/07/2012 15:05 - Zamcelco sets special elections in Districts II, V & X on Aug. 5