Tuesday, 10 July 2012 13:14
The Zamboanga City Water District (ZCWD) has conducted an orientation seminar on Local Water District Manual on Categorization, and Other Related Matters or (LWD-MACRO) last July 5 and 6 at a local hotel located in this city.
ZCWD Information Officer Dolly Galvan said that “Poreso man orient kanila on the categorization kay man affect el structure del water districts.”
The activity was participated in by water districts coming from Western Mindanao to include general managers, division managers, and department heads.
The topics discussed during the seminar were the background of the LWD-MACRO, role of the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) on the LWD-MACRO, LWD categorization, and presentation of LWD-MACRO.
The speakers during the seminar were Engr. Anselmo L. Sang Tian, chairman of the PAWD Oversight Committee and the general manager of Butuan City Water District and DBM regional director Atty. Nilda Cemine.
The classification of water districts at present is small, average, medium, big, large, and very large. When the new categorization will come in it will be downed to just Category A, B, C, and D.
The new categorization, according to Galvan, will be implemented slowly for three years.
The basis for the categorization are 40% Gross Revenue, 40% Total Assets, 15% Net Income, and Staff Production 5%.
For Category A the Water District must have a service connection of at least 30,000, B at least 10,000, C at 3,000 and D below 3,000.
The ZCWD belongs to category A since the ZCWD has some 51,417 water concessioners who are serving some 55 out of the 98 barangays.
By: R.G. Antonet Go
- 11/07/2012 12:27 - Sadain follows family dictates to finish 3rd term as councilor
- 11/07/2012 12:26 - Sen. Guingona visits Sulu, meets with Ulama, CSOs, various sectors
- 11/07/2012 12:25 - Soliven calls for multi-sectoral, dimensional approach to address peace, security in Zambo
- 10/07/2012 13:16 - Two CEO employees in hot water over Comelec gun ban
- 10/07/2012 13:15 - 79 Zamcelco contractual workers promoted to regular
- 10/07/2012 13:14 - Comelec start 'cleansing' of ARMM voters' list
- 10/07/2012 13:13 - Erbie hand over sports equipment in Lamisahan
- 10/07/2012 13:11 - Human rights’ amnesty org. bats for passage of ATT
- 10/07/2012 13:10 - JDC urges women with breast cancer to have early treatment
- 10/07/2012 13:09 - Lobregat optimistic Comelec will favor petition vs Jalosjos