Tuesday, 10 July 2012 13:09
Mayor Celso Lobregat yesterday expressed optimism the Commission on Elections will exclude the name of former Zamboanga del Norte congressman and mayoral aspirant Romeo Jalosjos from the voter registration roster.
Lobregat was reacting to the twin petitions filed by District 1 Congresswoman Isabelle Climaco Salazar and Jomar Lobregat with the Comelec calling the office to disallow the registration of Jalosjos as a voter under District 2 since the latter had lost his rights of suffrage due to the heinous crime of rape and acts of lasciviousness cases that led to his imprisonment.
“The petition filed by Beng and Jomar with the Comelec is very strong and we are optimistic the Comelec will rule in favor of their petition,” Lobregat stressed.
The mayor emphasized everybody has the right to vote or be voted upon but “the law is the law and they cannot twist it.”
Asked what his reactions are that Jalosjos has announced his would-candidates, the mayor laughed off at the changes made by the party as he likened it to a rubber ball that is bouncing back and forth.
“Na hinde kita ta entende ese diila partido. Primero yan announce cay si Councilor Mel Sadain corre para congressman na District 1 ara si Monsi ya tamen maniana quien man tamen. Na District 2 si Mannix dao corre vice mayor acabar ara ya cambia ya tamen cun Mercy Arquiza y si Mannix ay corre ya tamen para congressman, maniana quien ya tamen?” the mayor asked.
He said if Comelec will rule in favor of Salazar and Lobregat’s petition “who is going to run for mayor?”
“Cosa ba se ta pasa canila dol rigodon man,” Lobregat continued.
Lobregat advised the people to be vigilant and alert on the process of registration especially during elections when politicians will try to use the so called “Three Gs” referring to guns, gold and goons.
“Do not be mesmerized by gold, if you love Zamboanga City to not be influenced by the three Gs,” Lobregat said.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 10/07/2012 13:14 - City water district office conducts LWD-MACRO training seminar
- 10/07/2012 13:14 - Comelec start 'cleansing' of ARMM voters' list
- 10/07/2012 13:13 - Erbie hand over sports equipment in Lamisahan
- 10/07/2012 13:11 - Human rights’ amnesty org. bats for passage of ATT
- 10/07/2012 13:10 - JDC urges women with breast cancer to have early treatment
- 10/07/2012 13:07 - “He’ll assume post by July 16,” -Yanga
- 10/07/2012 13:06 - Muti kagawad arrested for illegal gun possession
- 10/07/2012 13:05 - Sangali fishing firm worker stabbed by companion
- 10/07/2012 13:05 - Villar wants Fabian to lead local NP-LP-NPC coalition ticket
- 10/07/2012 13:04 - Ma, son wounded in hakcing incident