Monday, 09 July 2012 12:20
“Let us respect each other’s decision.”
This is the strong call of District 2 Congressman Erbie Fabian to supporters close to Mayor Celso Lobregat and District 1 Congresswoman Isabelle Climaco Salazar who have persistently asked him to give way the plan of running for the mayoral post in the forthcoming 2013 elections.
“Beng and the mayor are my friends and I respected Beng’s decision when she announced her plan to run for mayor and I expect the same cordiality because I would like to serve the people also as mayor of the city since I am on my last term as congressman of District 2,” Fabian said in an interview.
Many people are still clamoring for the triumvirate to unite and form a formidable team that will collide against former Zamboanga del Norte Congressman Romeo Jalosjos who is vying for mayor's post in the city.
“There is nothing to talk about the triumvirate anymore, it has already been broken and we have drawn the line," Fabian said.
"They broke it and now they want it fixed?” he asked.
Fabian said the outcome of his many consultations in the barangays have been very promising that gave him more reasons to run for mayor.
“If I have to do it with my friends or all by myself, I will, because I truly want to continue and serve the people and bring more progress to the city,” Fabian said.
The congressman disclosed the final announcements of his plan to run for mayor will be on July 31, 2012, the venue will be announced later within which he will present his ten-point agenda.
“The ten-point agenda is the most concise and compact but it is the most basic and essential program my administration will pursue for the betterment of the Zamboangueños,” Fabian pointed out.
He said the complete slate of his party will be presented soon as he promised to give the populace the best candidates under his party.
Although talks are underway between officials of the Liberal Party, Nacionalista Party and the NPC for the coalition, however Fabian said it is not yet final but if realized it will only involved the senatorial candidates and will not affect on the local level.
By Nonong Santiago
- 10/07/2012 13:05 - Sangali fishing firm worker stabbed by companion
- 10/07/2012 13:05 - Villar wants Fabian to lead local NP-LP-NPC coalition ticket
- 10/07/2012 13:04 - Ma, son wounded in hakcing incident
- 09/07/2012 12:22 - Despite Climaco, Lobregat protests It’s all systems go for team Jalosjos
- 09/07/2012 12:21 - All set for Nutrition Month celeberation
- 09/07/2012 12:17 - Intensity 3 earthquake hits Zambo
- 09/07/2012 12:16 - No.1 kagawad assumes brgy. chair in Sta. Maria
- 09/07/2012 12:15 - Monsi running for Congress
- 09/07/2012 12:14 - PHIVOLCS to install tsunami sensor in Zambo City
- 09/07/2012 12:13 - Police file murder cases vs fish vendor's killers