Monday, 09 July 2012 12:16
Youthful kagawad Abe Tan will have a big responsibility in his hands as he temporarily assumes today the position of barangay chairman of Sta. Maria vice Justo Lacandalo.
Tan, who is number one kagawad of Sta. Maria has been appointed to take the responsibility of Lacandalo in disposing functions of the barangay since the latter left for the United States for a three month vacation with his family.
“There is no changes at all in the operations of the barangay because I will continue the programs of Kap Lacandalo to provide assistance to our constituents, monitor ongoing projects, and other things that need to be in order and I think it can be done with the help of my colleagues,” Tan said.
According to Tan, he will be disposing his functions as barangay chief starting today until the return of Lacandalo in September.
The young barangay leader said assuming the position as the head of the community is a big challenge that will further boost his ability to manage and style of leadership as the community head.
People in the said barrio has acknowledged the great potential of Tan as a good and deserving leader for the many philanthropic acts he has already provided to indigent constituents.
For several years Tan had been conducting medical missions to include free circumcisions, free haircut, distributed school supplies such as notebooks, crayons, pencils, papers and many others to hundreds of beneficiaries mostly pupils of Sta. Maria Central School.
“Tan is a very good material for barangay chairman since Lacandalo is now on his last term as barangay chair,” an old woman quipped.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 10/07/2012 13:04 - Ma, son wounded in hakcing incident
- 09/07/2012 12:22 - Despite Climaco, Lobregat protests It’s all systems go for team Jalosjos
- 09/07/2012 12:21 - All set for Nutrition Month celeberation
- 09/07/2012 12:20 - Fabian to Lobregat-Climaco supporters: Let’s respect other’s decicion
- 09/07/2012 12:17 - Intensity 3 earthquake hits Zambo
- 09/07/2012 12:15 - Monsi running for Congress
- 09/07/2012 12:14 - PHIVOLCS to install tsunami sensor in Zambo City
- 09/07/2012 12:13 - Police file murder cases vs fish vendor's killers
- 09/07/2012 12:13 - PRISAA holds regional membership meeting
- 09/07/2012 12:12 - Two suspects in Recodo shooting face murder raps