Monday, 09 July 2012 12:15
Monsi Dela Cruz, the former Roman Catholic priest turned civic leader and businessman who manages Lantanka Hotel, has confirmed he will run for congress in Zamboanga City's 1st district under the banner of Zamboangueños for the Transformation of Zamboanga (ZTZ).
ZTZ is being led by a "political kingpin" in Zamboanga del Norte former congressman Romeo "Nonong" Jalosjos, one of the top contenders for the May 2013 mayoral race in the City of Zamboanga.
Dela Cruz made the confirmation of his congressional bid during the covenant signing of ZTZ candidates' 25-point development program for the transformation of Zamboanga City last Saturday at their main headquarters in Tetuan.
He said he has no more plan to join politics but he will not say never if given the chance to serve the people and if he could do a whole lot better in District I if elected congressman.
He hoped to contribute to the transformation of Zamboanga, as envisioned by ZTZ founder Nonong Jalosjos.
Monsi as he is fondly called served as a Catholic parish priest at the Metropolitan Cathedral, where he was the former administrator.
He ran for mayor in 2007 and vice mayor in 2010 elections but he had failed in those two attempts to win.
by: Hader Glang
- 09/07/2012 12:22 - Despite Climaco, Lobregat protests It’s all systems go for team Jalosjos
- 09/07/2012 12:21 - All set for Nutrition Month celeberation
- 09/07/2012 12:20 - Fabian to Lobregat-Climaco supporters: Let’s respect other’s decicion
- 09/07/2012 12:17 - Intensity 3 earthquake hits Zambo
- 09/07/2012 12:16 - No.1 kagawad assumes brgy. chair in Sta. Maria
- 09/07/2012 12:14 - PHIVOLCS to install tsunami sensor in Zambo City
- 09/07/2012 12:13 - Police file murder cases vs fish vendor's killers
- 09/07/2012 12:13 - PRISAA holds regional membership meeting
- 09/07/2012 12:12 - Two suspects in Recodo shooting face murder raps
- 08/07/2012 00:00 - Shariff Albani urges Comelec to impose total gun ban for Tawi-Tawi voter’s list-up