Sunday, 08 July 2012 00:00
Peace and Conflict Journalism Network Philippines (PECOJON) held a rountable discussion with the Mindanao-based mediamen in Cebu City Grand Hotel last June 30, 2012 to discuss conflict sensitive journalism.
Local radio, television, and print reporters from the different media outfits in the cities of General Santos, Zamboanga, and other places in Region IX discussed topics the conflict sensitive journalism and how it is being applied.
They were among those who attended the seminar of Pecojon and Asian Institute of Journalism and Communication AIJC on “Peace Journalism in Conflict and Post-Conflict Areas” last year.
Topics on internet security awareness, Internet and social media that are now commonly used by journalists as well as problem on criminal hackers using social media to commit identity theft were also discussed.
Mediamen were toured around a museum in Cebu City, where old radios, microphones, printing equipment, typewriters, and others various media equipment were displayed.
PECOJON not only capacitates journalists into high quality reporting using conflict sensitive journalism approaches but builds a network of journalists throughout the world. (R.G. A A. Go)
Photo Caption: Photo shows the media participants during PECOJON’s roundtable discussion conducted last June 30 at Cebu Grand Hotel. Lower photo shows some of the equipments displayed inside the media museum in Cebu.
By: R.G. Antonet Go
- 08/07/2012 00:00 - City Jail to install P20-M worth CCTV cameras
- 08/07/2012 00:00 - Man arrested for attempted stabbing in Brgy. Ayala
- 08/07/2012 00:00 - MILF rebels flock to Maguindanao camp for plenum
- 08/07/2012 00:00 - Moro political detainees continue to seek justice from PNoy Admin
- 08/07/2012 00:00 - 1 killed, 1 hurt in firefight between Sulu official’s aides, armed men
- 09/07/2012 00:00 - Search for Outstanding Volunteers 2012 on
- 08/07/2012 00:00 - Things one should consider before choosing a postpaid plan
- 07/07/2012 11:18 - Climaco files 'opposition' to Jalosjos' Application for Voter's Registration
- 07/07/2012 11:18 - AFP joins “National Disaster Observance Month”
- 07/07/2012 11:17 - GPH, CBA-CPLA mark 1st year of MOA implementation