Thursday, 05 July 2012 13:41
Two men was shot to death at the inner portion of Faustino Drive, Barangay Mampang, this city, yesterday afternoon.
Tetuan Police Station commander Chief Inspector Elmer Acuna told Zamboanga Today that the victims have no identification cards and remain unidentified as of press time.
Acuna said both victims suffered multiple gunshot wounds on the different parts of their body resulting to their instantaneous death.
Police recovered 6 spent shells, 3 slugs and a live ammunition of Caliber .45 pistol at the crime scene including the metal-made frame that the victims were selling.
Acuna added that they are looking into several angles in the incident including robbery-extortion and job-related as the possible motives of the incident.
“May nakuha kaming wallet pero walang ID o dokumento na may pangalan ng victim.....puros lotto bet slips lang at kaunting pera”, a policeman said.
However, police said, a laundry receipt with the name of Jimmy was retrieved from one of the victims’ pocket.
According to reports, the suspects allegedly hurriedly left the crime scene going towards the inner portion of the place on-board a motorcycle.
A follow-up investigation is being conducted to establish the identity of the gunmen and for their possible arrest.
The cadavers of the victims were brought to Villa Arcega Funeral Homes for the post mortem examination.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 06/07/2012 15:42 - Vendor dies from shooting at Magay public market
- 05/07/2012 13:53 - Queen of Spain visits Zamboanga
- 05/07/2012 13:47 - Ulama's group sec-gen denies position paper vs. Governor Tan
- 05/07/2012 13:43 - College student shot in Taluksangay
- 05/07/2012 13:42 - OCD gets items for disaster preparedness
- 05/07/2012 13:40 - Elago on Zamcelco issue 'I feel vindicated'
- 05/07/2012 13:33 - Jalosjos cites importance of Zambo City's upkeep
- 05/07/2012 13:32 - FEBARKAZA to stay neutral in 2013 polls
- 05/07/2012 13:32 - Business chamber meets with import-export agent
- 05/07/2012 13:31 - Carpenter arrested for carrying ‘boga’