Thursday, 05 July 2012 13:32
The President of the Federacion del Barangay Kagawad de Zamboanga (FEBARKAZA) has stressed that their group will stay neutral in the coming 2013 elections.
FEBARKAZA President, Arturo N. Onrubia said in an interview, “El FEBARKAZA is non partisan, we are neutral, and we don’t favor any candidate. Nupwede man tu man discount possibilities lodemas maga Kagawad hinde supporta na lodemas candidate ok lang ese as long as they are not going to use the name of FEBARKAZA. Si quiere sila man support on their own ok lang, we cannot hold them, it’s their freedom, nukiere lang iyo usa sila el federasyon para na campanya, we remain as non partisan.”
The statement of the FEBARKAZA President came after several revelations were made on who will run for the mayoralty post in this city.
Among those who already announced that they are running for mayor post are former Congressman Nonong Jalosjos, District 1 Congresswoman Beng Climaco-Salazar, and District 2 Congressman Erico Basilio Fabian who is said he will declare later.
He stressed that the aim of FEBARKAZA is to support the government and look over the welfare of the Barangay Kagawads. “Bisya quita embuenamente, nomas anay atende politika, mira quita el mejoras pwede ase na diatun respective barangays, y atende quita el trabajo as kagawad, no mas anay quita entra na pulitika.”
Onrubia is the President of the FEBARKAZA since 2002 and he succeeded former Kagawad now Councilor Rudy Lim.
The local election is scheduled on May 2013 while there is a pending proposal in Congress and Senate to postpone the 2013 Barangay election scheduled on October.
By:R.G. Antonet Go
- 05/07/2012 13:43 - College student shot in Taluksangay
- 05/07/2012 13:42 - OCD gets items for disaster preparedness
- 05/07/2012 13:41 - Two men shot dead in Mampang
- 05/07/2012 13:40 - Elago on Zamcelco issue 'I feel vindicated'
- 05/07/2012 13:33 - Jalosjos cites importance of Zambo City's upkeep
- 05/07/2012 13:32 - Business chamber meets with import-export agent
- 05/07/2012 13:31 - Carpenter arrested for carrying ‘boga’
- 05/07/2012 13:29 - Atilano: 'I know the by-laws of Zamcelco'
- 04/07/2012 11:04 - Zamcelco prexy bares contractor of electrification program violates contract
- 04/07/2012 11:03 - Abubakar is Soroptimist International Gov elect