Wednesday, 04 July 2012 11:04
“That’s a violation of the contract. Per steel post is worth P14,400 and they replaced it with fabricated cement post costing only about 5,000 to 7,000 thousand pesos. Then they want to collect the payment?,” Atilano asked during a project inspection with NEA officials from Manila last Monday.
The Inspection team is composed of National Electrification Administration (NEA-Manila) officials led by Team Leader of Accelerated Total Electrification Office (NEA-ATEO) Engr. Felicisimo “Red” Pula, Building and Ground Maintenance Head Engr. Eduardo Paginag, Zamcelco OIC Charito Mabitazan, Zamcelco Vice President Efren Perez, and some technical officials.
They initially inspected 33 concrete and tower posts in Miramar Urban Poor Association in Sinunuc and Advent Urban Poor Association in Ayala, west of this city.
Atilano said the project did not pass specification and standards. However, he did not identify yet the contractor pending the final inspection and report of NEA-Manila officials.
“What is worse, there are posts which they constructed for more than a year now, and they included them in the 36 sitios electrification program,” Atilano emphasized.
He said this is the flagship program of His Excellency President Aquino to energize far-flung areas for people who still do not experience the advantages and benefits of electricity.
Atilano said the project started last October, 2011, and for completion before December 25, 2011.
“We found out later, there’s a problem in the implementation. That’s why I included it in my report during the AGMA,” Atilano stressed.
Zamboanga Today learned that NEA designated Project Supervisor (PS) and Zamcelco OIC-General Manager Engr. Jesus Castro (on-leave) signed the contract with a note saying if there are defects, the materials or items can be replaced.
Atilano said the essential requirement or procedure in entering into a contract with other parties is that the General Manager will approve/disapprove the contract, Submit the contract to the Board of Directors, then the Board will request for NEA’s approval and if approved, the project can proceed.
“Ara hinde quita manda paga kay deloko se! El paga lang el kosa sila ya planta base na actual price kay malnourish ya el poste, empermo pa!,” Atilano said in the vernacular.
NEA-ATEO team leader Engr. Felicisimo Pula did not give his comment on the initial inspection pending the completion of the report.
by: Monch L. Follosco
- 05/07/2012 13:33 - Jalosjos cites importance of Zambo City's upkeep
- 05/07/2012 13:32 - FEBARKAZA to stay neutral in 2013 polls
- 05/07/2012 13:32 - Business chamber meets with import-export agent
- 05/07/2012 13:31 - Carpenter arrested for carrying ‘boga’
- 05/07/2012 13:29 - Atilano: 'I know the by-laws of Zamcelco'
- 04/07/2012 11:03 - Abubakar is Soroptimist International Gov elect
- 04/07/2012 11:02 - Fabian donates wheelchair to Cerebral Palsy patient
- 04/07/2012 11:02 - Hataman condemns killing of peace activist
- 04/07/2012 11:01 - City jail has new clinic
- 04/07/2012 11:01 - Only hard working individuals may run with me - Jalosjos