Wednesday, 04 July 2012 11:02
Officer-In-Charge Governor Mujiv Hataman of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) has condemned the killing of a peace activist-turned development consultant for the regional government.
ARMM Regional Legislative Assembly Speaker Rasol Mitmug Jr. echoed the condemnation along with Assemblywoman Rahima Datumanong-Alba (Maguindanao, Second District), and Women Sectoral Representative Samira Gutoc-Tomawis.
At nightfall on June 27, Dillo was shot by unidentified gunmen riding in tandem along Happy Homes Main Road here. Jesus Dillo, who also went by the name Raffy Nabre, is the Executive Director DevCon, a civil society organization, and is also the founder of the local peace group Kambayabaya Foundation.
He is also one of the forefront members of the Reform ARMM Now (Ran) Movement, a coalition of civil society organizations that advocates for a thorough restructuring of ARMM’s political-administrative makeup, review of national-ARMM policies, and support to the peace process.
Hataman, being a close friend of Dillo, was in tears while being interviewed over a local radio station. He said his friend was involved in different foreign and locally-funded development and peace advocacy programs in the region.
"Dillo is a great loss not only for those who are close to him, but also to those who have been with him on his journey in pushing for reforms in the regional government and its constituents," Hataman said.
For the loss of an active socially-involved citizen and strong supporter of the government’s reform agenda, Hataman, Mitmug, Alba and Gutoc-Tomawis urged the authorities to conduct speedy and thorough investigation on crime.
"The killers and the masterminds, whoever they may be, should be brought to the bar of justice," said Alba, herself a peace activist, like Dillo.
As of this moment, the police have yet to find a lead on the murder of the peace activist.
By Hader Glang
- 05/07/2012 13:31 - Carpenter arrested for carrying ‘boga’
- 05/07/2012 13:29 - Atilano: 'I know the by-laws of Zamcelco'
- 04/07/2012 11:04 - Zamcelco prexy bares contractor of electrification program violates contract
- 04/07/2012 11:03 - Abubakar is Soroptimist International Gov elect
- 04/07/2012 11:02 - Fabian donates wheelchair to Cerebral Palsy patient
- 04/07/2012 11:01 - City jail has new clinic
- 04/07/2012 11:01 - Only hard working individuals may run with me - Jalosjos
- 04/07/2012 11:00 - Mega Fishing Corporation holds skills training program
- 04/07/2012 11:00 - Nuega debunks complaints vs NFA kicker: Orders investigation
- 04/07/2012 10:59 - PhilHealth introduces 'Z' benefit package