Tuesday, 03 July 2012 13:08
It was history in the making when EBAF Productions Team, which was trailing way behind its opponents, emerged as the champion in the concluding bowling tournament dubbed “2nd Congressman Erbie Fabian Inter-Media Bowling Competition” held Saturday at the Tebi and Sean Bowling Center along Gov. Camins, this city.
At the end of three consecutive Saturdays, the EBAF Productions team skippered by Al Alhabshi was struggling at fifth place and has to outclass four teams for a “come from behind” lead in the up-the-ladder struggle for supremacy.
The EBAF squad which happens to be the underdog, first trounced fourth placer Radyo ng Bayan led by manager Danny Macansantos then outshined third placer Radio Mindanao Network piloted by Jimmy Villaflores and won by narrow points against number two team Radio Philippines Network managed by Gerry Lacastesantos that gave them the great opportunity to collide head on with defending champion Sky Cable Bowlers.
Under the gaming rules, the EBAF Team has to beat twice leader Sky Cable because they remained at first place in the overall point system during the three Saturday clash for dominance.
Though exhausted, the EBAF bowling warriors outsmarted the Sky Cable bowling combatants in the first game that gave them the chance to fight for the second time in the championship match.
Hell broke loose when during the fight for victory, the cable bowling strikers were leading by seven points and the burden of winning lies in the hands of cameraman Nonoy Zapanta and Alhabshi who were rolling balls on the last tenth frame.
Zapanta‘s slow-throw but-surely downed at least two followed by three bowling balls giving the Sky Cable team a two-lead advantage over the underdog.
Cheers, screams and loud bellowing from supporters to include Fabian filled the alley when Alhabshi made a spare on the last frame giving him the prospect to sway ONE ball that could either give them a win or bestow their doom.
Then it was silence when the EBAF skipper rolled the winning ball that dropped four pins down giving the EBAF a tight victory by only two pin-falls to rule the inter-media bowling competition.
The EBAF lineup to include Nonong Santiago, James Alameda, Edgar Baños, Lumayang barangay chair Frederick Atilano, Jojo San Antonio, Bong Simbajon were awarded with P5,000 plus trophy.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 04/07/2012 10:59 - PhilHealth introduces 'Z' benefit package
- 04/07/2012 10:58 - Man shot in Patalon
- 04/07/2012 10:52 - Police arrest man for slashing face of nephews
- 04/07/2012 10:48 - Ticket 1 offers seat sale to Manila, Davao & Tawi-Tawi
- 03/07/2012 13:09 - Chief Supt. Yanga clears Edding on illegal drugs involvement
- 03/07/2012 13:08 - Man hurt in road collision
- 03/07/2012 13:07 - Man found dead in mangrove
- 03/07/2012 13:06 - Edding questions WMSU conferment of Honoris Causa on Mayor
- 03/07/2012 13:06 - Joint RP-US naval war games begin in Mindanao
- 03/07/2012 13:04 - Jalosjos vows to accomplish 80% ZTZ projects in 3 yrs