Tuesday, 03 July 2012 13:04
"I am confident that at least eighty percent of the 25-point agenda of ZTZ (Zamboanguenos for Transformation of Zamboanga) will be accomplished in three years."
This is the assurance of ZTZ founder and mayoralty aspirant Romeo "Nonong" Jalosjos that he will devote time to see that the 25-point agenda that his group earlier announced shall be accomplished during his first 3-year term if elected as the local chief executive.
Jalosjos' ZTZ, a non-government organization he organized, is continuing the recruitment of members and volunteers in Zamboanga City. Several Barangay Action Groups (BAGs) have been organized by ZTZ to intensify recruitment of ZTZ members.
The 25-point agenda of ZTZ are: Restoration of peace and order and prepare a plan to resolve the police-population ratio problem; Additional congressional district; Creation of Centers of Government in east and west coasts; Give incentives to investors and invite big malls here like SM, Robinson, Gaisano and others; Open new roads to decongest and solve traffic problems in the city; Expand the local port to accommodate more commercial vessels; Accomplish the Integrated Bus Terminal that is of better quality than the others; Create parks in both east and west coasts similar to the Pasonanca Park; Promote the shipyard industry that will improve economy of the city and generate more jobs for Zamboangues; Transfer National Museum at Fort Pilar to City Hall and declare the same as the City Museum; Promote religious activities at Fort Pilar; Transform the Zamboanga Golf Course into an international sporting facility; Transform the Sta. Cruz Island as the "Pink Island" of the world; Transform Zamboanga City as the aqua sport center of Mindanao; Enhance public health care programs for the poor; Transform Zamboanga City as the Tourism Zone of the country;
Transform Zamboanga City as a city friendly to investors and businessmen; Promote Chabacano and related works heritage; Transform Pasonanca Park as the best park of the country just like during the time of President Manuel Quezon; Open more public markets so as to decongest the main public market; Reopen the Plaza Hotel in Pasonanca and make as another tourist spot; Promote works of local artists; Promote scholarships and advancement of teachers; Recall Zamboanga as the City of Flowers; Transfer and upgrade facilities of the Zamboanga International Airport.
- 03/07/2012 13:08 - EBAF wins 2nd media bowling tourney
- 03/07/2012 13:08 - Man hurt in road collision
- 03/07/2012 13:07 - Man found dead in mangrove
- 03/07/2012 13:06 - Edding questions WMSU conferment of Honoris Causa on Mayor
- 03/07/2012 13:06 - Joint RP-US naval war games begin in Mindanao
- 03/07/2012 13:03 - Jordanian journalist filming Sayyaf terrorists faces arrest for espionage
- 03/07/2012 13:02 - Public school teachers gear up on peace education
- 03/07/2012 13:01 - Pokwang, Pooh, Chokoleit, Kate Brosas to invade Zambo on Sept 1
- 03/07/2012 13:00 - Red Cross calls for more blood donors
- 03/07/2012 12:59 - sadain wants west coast highway named after Mayor Cesar Climaco