Monday, 02 July 2012 11:48
“We now have over 15,000 registered members and about 3,500 of them were already given their identification cards,” thus said Vice Mayoralty aspirant Mercy Arquiza Fernandez as the Zamboangueños for the Transformation of Zamboanga (ZTZ) continues to receive more new members.
Mercy revealed that they are experiencing delays in the printing of the identification cards (IDs) because they only had one ID making machine.
“But we were able to solve the problem already. We acquired additional two complete sets of the ID making machines which were delivered just recently. We are just waiting for the additional inks to arrive so we can start catching up with the backlog in the printing of IDs.” Mercy explained.
Hundreds of people from all walks of life converge from Monday to Saturdays at the ZTZ main headquarters right beside the Coca-Cola plant along Tetuan highway.
Mercy said people start to line up outside the headquarters as early as 7:30 in the morning and stay there until they get their IDs.
“It’s very heartwarming. They stay there waiting for their turn to be registered even if it’s very hot. We are continuing to improve the waiting area para maskin pakilaya, keda sila umpoko comportable. Ya pone tambien kame grande grande industrial fans para fresco el lugar.” Mercy added.
Mercy said as soon as the two new ID making machines become operational, the printing of the IDs will faster and the waiting time will be much shorter. She said they are continuously looking for ways to improve and fast track the registration process “because we are very touched by the response of the people to our call to join us and help transform Zamboanga into a dynamic and progressive city.”
Mercy will run as the Vice Mayor of former Congressman Romeo “Nonong” Jalosjos, who already declared that he will seek the mayoralty post in next year’s polls. They will be joined by Councilor Mel Sadain who will run as Congressman in District 1 and former Vice Mayor Mannix Dalipe as Congressman in District 2.
by: Tristan Garcia
- 03/07/2012 13:02 - Public school teachers gear up on peace education
- 03/07/2012 13:01 - Pokwang, Pooh, Chokoleit, Kate Brosas to invade Zambo on Sept 1
- 03/07/2012 13:00 - Red Cross calls for more blood donors
- 03/07/2012 12:59 - sadain wants west coast highway named after Mayor Cesar Climaco
- 03/07/2012 12:56 - ZamBaSulTa Ulama empowerment, solidarity forum held at Amils Tower
- 02/07/2012 11:47 - Valesco promotes Latuan caves
- 02/07/2012 11:47 - UZ celebrates Nutrition Month
- 02/07/2012 11:46 - ALPA in Mindanao has chance to turn into tropical depression – PAGASA
- 02/07/2012 11:46 - Jalosjos welcomes Beng's bid for mayoralty post
- 02/07/2012 11:45 - Palace widens coverage of conditional cash transfer