Monday, 02 July 2012 11:46
Zamboanguenos for the Transformation of Zamboanga (ZTZ) founder and Zamboanga City mayoralty aspirant Romeo "Nonong" Jalosjos has welcomed Congresswoman Maria Isabelle "Beng" Salazar's pronouncement that she will also run for mayor in next year's election.
"This is democracy and in politics, everybody is free to choose his or her intention," Jalosjos' reaction to the report that Salazar announced that she will run for mayor.
Earlier, Jalosjos said he would carry Salazar to be his group's 1st District congressional candidate had she decided to go for a reelection as the solon still has her last term in the House of Representatives.
Certain sectors agreed that Salazar is enjoying already a good status in Congress as its deputy speaker for Mindanao and could even be the President's choice for a cabinet secretary position and later a senatorial candidate of the ruling Liberal Party.
"But I welcome her announcement and so we have to leave it to the people to decide as to who really can transform Zamboanga City," Jalosjos said.
He said his 25-point agenda has been published, announced and promoted so that people can understand the real intention of his coming back to his birthplace of Zamboanga City.
Also expected to run for city mayor is 2nd District Congressman Erico Basilio Fabian. "We just have to present ourselves to the voters and let them decide on the basis as to who has the better platform," Jalosjos pointed out.
by Frank Buenaventura
- 03/07/2012 12:56 - ZamBaSulTa Ulama empowerment, solidarity forum held at Amils Tower
- 02/07/2012 11:48 - Thousands join ZTZ, number still growing
- 02/07/2012 11:47 - Valesco promotes Latuan caves
- 02/07/2012 11:47 - UZ celebrates Nutrition Month
- 02/07/2012 11:46 - ALPA in Mindanao has chance to turn into tropical depression – PAGASA
- 02/07/2012 11:45 - Palace widens coverage of conditional cash transfer
- 02/07/2012 11:44 - Beng pursues more projects, programs
- 02/07/2012 11:42 - Arena Blanco NHS hosts leadership training
- 01/07/2012 00:00 - Sulu Governor Tan reacts to Tulawie group allegations
- 01/07/2012 00:00 - 4CRG sponsors HR/IHL Seminar