Saturday, 30 June 2012 11:25
The proposed plan of bringing Kabang “The Hero Dog” to the United States for a re-constructive surgery will still push through.
Veterinarian Dr. Anton Lim, who is overseeing the elaborate idea, disclosed that team Kabang, mostly composed of veterinarians and animal lovers from the Animal Welfare Society headed by Mona Consunji and supported by Dr.Ed Unson, are really working hard for the travel of the female canine to the US.
Lim said the group is still encountering financial problem because the surgical cost has increased from $10,000 to $15,000.
"WE are still short of $7,000. This is the reason why we cannot yet take Kabang to the US because we are short of cash,” Lim reasoned out.
The concerned veterinarian said their group has already coordinated with officials of the University of California Veterinary Hospital for Kabang's upper mouth operation.
“The constructive surgery will only involve the grafting of additional skin to cover Kabang's wounds so that she will not have to take antibiotics for the rest of her life,” Lim said.
Lim said the group also turned over a brand new compressor to Kabang'sowner Rudy Bunggal to ease his vulcanizing livelihood.
Accordingto Lim, since Bunggal's papers are not in order, he promised to stay and let the group take his dog to the US.
Meanwhile.Bunggal expressed elation because of Kabang, he now has a compressor to help him in his vulcanizing shop.
Bunggal has also named Kabang's puppy as Jay-R, short for junior, because it looks exactly like the color of his mother.
Kabang gave birth to six puppies at the City Pound last May 13, 2012 but five reportedly died from malnutrition.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 01/07/2012 00:00 - Still no contact with Jordanian reporter’s captors -- Police
- 01/07/2012 00:00 - Sun Cellular celebrates freedom, Filipino artists
- 01/07/2012 00:00 - US assists 10 Mindanao companies to meet global export standards
- 30/06/2012 11:29 - Zamboanga City tops dengue cases in Region
- 30/06/2012 11:27 - FEBARKAZA favors postponement of barangay elections
- 30/06/2012 11:23 - Break-up of triumvirate slows down quest to beat Jalosjos in 2013, says Nuño
- 30/06/2012 11:18 - Deped, PDEA holds training on 'Barkada Kontra Droga'
- 30/06/2012 11:17 - Hubby of prostitute beat up customer
- 30/06/2012 11:16 - Sulu CMC says Atyani, two Filipinos are not “missing”
- 30/06/2012 11:12 - UZ students for culture and peace