Saturday, 30 June 2012 11:23
The break-up of Mayor Celso Lobregat, Rep. Beng Climaco and Rep. Erbie Fabian is certainly slowing them down in their quest to defeat their political rivals in the May 2013 elections.
Councilor Abdurahman Nuño voiced this concern last Thursday in an interview over Radio Mindanao Network (RMN).
"I am very certain...very certain...," Nuño replied when asked by the radio anchormen on whether the break up of the triumvirate has given Jalosjos more leverage to win in the May 2013 polls.
Lobregat had earlier told Fabian that during consultations with people on the question as to who is the best candidate to run for mayor -- the answer was overwhelmingly Climaco. The other day, the District 1 congresswoman officially announced that she will run for mayor.
Nuño, however, said there's still a possibility that the triumvirate would come together again as they still have a long long way before the October filing of certificate of candidacy to reconsider their decisions.
The Lobregat-Climaco-Fabian triumvirate has been very successful and triumphant in the past elections as it defeated all strong contenders in the city for mayor, congress and even for vice mayor as well as councilors.
"I want to preserve the unity because como ta abla sila, we are facing a formidable political opponent...necisita todo kita unido..that's the only point I want to expound...there is still a possibility of triumvirate...," he added.
When asked about the rumored tactical alliance of his wife -- District 2 congressional aspirant Councilor Lilia Nuño -- with Fabian, he said: "There is no certainty about that because we haven't yet bolted from the LDP..we will see..those are options."
By Hader Glang
- 01/07/2012 00:00 - Sun Cellular celebrates freedom, Filipino artists
- 01/07/2012 00:00 - US assists 10 Mindanao companies to meet global export standards
- 30/06/2012 11:29 - Zamboanga City tops dengue cases in Region
- 30/06/2012 11:27 - FEBARKAZA favors postponement of barangay elections
- 30/06/2012 11:25 - Kabang's trip to US will push through
- 30/06/2012 11:18 - Deped, PDEA holds training on 'Barkada Kontra Droga'
- 30/06/2012 11:17 - Hubby of prostitute beat up customer
- 30/06/2012 11:16 - Sulu CMC says Atyani, two Filipinos are not “missing”
- 30/06/2012 11:12 - UZ students for culture and peace
- 29/06/2012 13:19 - Baby burned to death