Saturday, 30 June 2012 11:18
The Department of Education (DepEd) Division Office of Zamboanga City together with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency recently conducted an Echo Training on Barkada Kontra Droga Program at Don Pablo Lorenzo Memorial High School.
PDEA IX, Supervisor, PECID/Compliance PO2 Ruby L. Diaz said the participants were composed of high school teachers from different schools.
During the activity, the teachers were briefed on the illegal drugs situation in the Philippines, the ill effects of illegal drugs, RA 9165, and an orientation on Barkada Kontra Droga.
PO2 Diaz said in the Barkada Kontra Droga program, representatives of the Dangerous Drugs Board and the Health & Nutrition Center from Manila will come to this city to train NDEP coordinators. The NDEP Coordinators will re-echo what they learned to the different district supervisors of schools. The district supervisors will then re-echo the information to selected teachers while the teachers will re-echo to the students.
Barkada Kontra Droga Movement members, especially the students, will help the teachers and school in drug abuse prevention.
The DepEd and PDEA will conduct similar program in all government elementary and high schools.
In this city, there are 35 public high schools and 171 public elementary schools.
by: R.G. A A. Go)
- 01/07/2012 00:00 - US assists 10 Mindanao companies to meet global export standards
- 30/06/2012 11:29 - Zamboanga City tops dengue cases in Region
- 30/06/2012 11:27 - FEBARKAZA favors postponement of barangay elections
- 30/06/2012 11:25 - Kabang's trip to US will push through
- 30/06/2012 11:23 - Break-up of triumvirate slows down quest to beat Jalosjos in 2013, says Nuño
- 30/06/2012 11:17 - Hubby of prostitute beat up customer
- 30/06/2012 11:16 - Sulu CMC says Atyani, two Filipinos are not “missing”
- 30/06/2012 11:12 - UZ students for culture and peace
- 29/06/2012 13:19 - Baby burned to death
- 29/06/2012 13:17 - Man run over by truck, dies