Thursday, 28 June 2012 10:40
A 60-yeard old barangay tanod was arrested Monday for raping several times a 7-year-old girl at his residence in Barangay Sta. Barabara, this city.
Arip Andam y Hajula, 60, a barangay tanod of Sta. Barbara, was arrested at the Barangay Hall of Sta. Barbara in a follow-up operations by members of the police's Women and Children’ Concern Section. The arrest came following a complaint lodged by the girl’s elder sister at the WCCS office last June 10, 2012.
Andam was charged with a case for violation of R.A. 7610 (Statutory Rape). Based on WCCS investigation, the suspect invited the victim to his residence at Mangga Drive, Sta. Barbara, but the latter refused prompting the former to grabbed her hand and forcibly took her to the house.
While inside the house, the suspect forcibly raped the victim until the elder sister notice different from the victim. Reports received by Zamboanga Today disclosed that the victim received P50 from the suspect who sexually abused the girl for several occasion.
The suspect was temporarily detained at Sta. Maria Police detention cell for appropriare charges.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 29/06/2012 13:14 - Indonesia to send monitoring team to Southern Philippines
- 29/06/2012 13:13 - Jordanian journalist, 2 Filipino crewmen taken in Sulu are well
- 29/06/2012 13:12 - LTO warns vs using commemorative plates
- 29/06/2012 13:12 - Man stabbed by neighbor
- 28/06/2012 10:41 - Climaco announces 2013 mayoral bid
- 28/06/2012 10:39 - CHO bares top 10 malnutrition affected barangays in the city
- 28/06/2012 10:37 - Fabian welcomes Climaco's mayoral bid declaration
- 28/06/2012 10:36 - Shipyard as Zambo's major industry seen
- 28/06/2012 10:35 - GPH ceasefire committee chief confident on peace gains in Mindanao
- 28/06/2012 10:35 - Hataman adopts security policy for both domestic-foreign journalists, visitors