Thursday, 28 June 2012 10:36
"We'll make shipyard as one major industry of Zamboanga City!"
This is how mayoralty aspirant Romeo "Nonong" Jalosjos viewed Zamboanga City to be as he vowed to make shipyard as a major industry here to boost its economy and tourism potentials.
Jalosjos, who is considered as a visionary and development-oriented person, said Zamboanga City's shipyard business, referring to the Varadero de Recodo, should be bolstered and supported by the local government as this is one area where the city can grow economically.
"If Zamboanga City is branded as the shipyard center of the country, boat owners will come here and this means more jobs for the Zamboanguenos," Jolosjos pointed out.
Jalosjos, founder of the Zamboanguenos for the Transformation of Zamboanga (ZTZ), said enhancing the shipyard industry is one of the 25-point agenda earlier announced by ZTZ.
At present the Varadero de Recodo and Varadero de Cawit are operating on their own.
The former Zamboanga del Norte Congressman said the local government should help these businessmen like promoting the shipyard industry so that even foreigners can come and have their boats made or repaired here.
Earlier, Jalosjos said he also envisions Zamboanga City to be a tourism zone in Mindanao and the "little Singapore" of the Philippines.
He said he doesn't need to brag as he already transformed Dapitan City as the most sought-after tourist destination of the country today after establishing the world-class Dakak Resort and Fantasyland, which is considered to be the Disneyland of the Philippines.
By Frank Buenaventura
- 29/06/2012 13:12 - Man stabbed by neighbor
- 28/06/2012 10:41 - Climaco announces 2013 mayoral bid
- 28/06/2012 10:40 - Barangay tanod arrested for raping girl many times
- 28/06/2012 10:39 - CHO bares top 10 malnutrition affected barangays in the city
- 28/06/2012 10:37 - Fabian welcomes Climaco's mayoral bid declaration
- 28/06/2012 10:35 - GPH ceasefire committee chief confident on peace gains in Mindanao
- 28/06/2012 10:35 - Hataman adopts security policy for both domestic-foreign journalists, visitors
- 28/06/2012 10:34 - Land caretaker shot, wounded in Limaong
- 28/06/2012 10:34 - Sadain urges LGU to prioritize giving basic social services
- 28/06/2012 10:33 - “Siembra Quita”