Friday, 22 June 2012 10:53
“I confirm. It’s not a rumor anymore. The party has decided to switch the position of Mercy and Mannix for the 2013 elections. ”
Thus, confirmed Aggrupation for Peace and Prosperity (APP) party chair Romeo “Nonong” Jalosjos yesterday saying Mercy Arquiza Fernandez has been chosen by the party to run for the vice mayoralty post while former vice mayor Mannix Dalipe will go for the District 2 congressional seat in the forthcoming general elections.
In an interview at the Zamboanguenos for the Transformation of Zamboanga (ZTZ) headquarters in Tetuan, Jalosjos, who is eyeing the mayoralty seat in Zamboanga City, stressed that Fernandez is his most trusted ally and he badly needs her to lead the legislature for the urgent passage of ordinances to pave the way for the fast implementation of all projects envisioned by his administration.
“As chief executive, I cannot do anything without Mercy. I need her so badly as the presiding officer. We will work so hard so that all our councilors will also win to join us in the transformation of Zamboanga into a more vibrant economy in Mindanao,” Jalosjos emphasized.
He also reiterated that Councilor Mel Sadain will run for congress in District 1.
Jalosjos expressed elation on the overwhelming support of the Zamboanguenos to the entry of ZTZ in this city.
“Since we established our headquarters here in Tetuan, people from all walks of life have voluntarily registered here and vowed to support us. I have seen so many new faces coming here voluntarily registering. We are not paying them but they just come and register. As promised, I will not use money to sway votes in the elections as there have been precedents that moneyed politicians gave money to the people but still did not make it. The Zamboanguenos are very unique people. They have grown as matured politicians and are not easily swayed by money,” Jalosjos pointed out.
In order to accommodate the multitude of supporters coming to register everyday at the ZTC headquarters, Jalosjos disclosed that two more ZTZ headquarters will be established in District 1 and District 2 to be manned by congressional aspirants Councilor Mel Sadain and Mannix Dalipe respectively.
“The ZTC headquarters in Tetuan will be the central office,” Jalosjos said.
Jalosjos said the formal inauguration of the ZTC offices and the mass oath-taking of all the members will be conducted very soon.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 23/06/2012 18:45 - Three dead men found in Culianan, Mercedes
- 23/06/2012 18:44 - P100 million spent for DPWH projects in Zambo
- 23/06/2012 18:43 - P40 Million fire hits Jolo business district
- 23/06/2012 18:43 - Government vows to maintain efforts to curb human trafficking
- 23/06/2012 18:42 - Zambo fire station to launch own website
- 22/06/2012 10:52 - HDES alarmed over increase in AIDS cases in Zambo
- 22/06/2012 10:51 - CHR: Missing Jordanian journalist should be provided human rights protection
- 22/06/2012 10:51 - DOH assures no imported tainted milk reaches the local market
- 22/06/2012 10:50 - Police arrest drug pushers
- 22/06/2012 10:50 - GSIS opens 200 college scholarship grants