Friday, 22 June 2012 10:50
The Anti-Illegal Drugs-Special Operations Task Force (AID-SOFT) of the local police office arrested five suspected drug pushers in three separate anti-narcotics operations in the city.
Police operatives from Sinunuc Police Station and local police AID-SOFT led by Sr. Inspector Joel Nosa and Sr. Inspector Elmer Solon confiscated 9 sachets of alleged shabu and a Caliber .38 revolver from the two suspected drug pushers at Sitio Caragasan, Barangay Maasin, this city, the other day.
The suspects were identified as Darung Asangi y Sawang alias Darung, 62, married, and Kemie Coronel y Calamang alias Emie, 20, single, both residents of the said place.
The police said one small sachet of shabu was bought from the suspects and 8 other sachets and paraphernalia including the handgun with serial number 211594 with 2 live ammunitions and 2 spent shells were recovered from the suspects.
Meanwhile, operatives of the Zamboanga City Public Safety Company (ZCPSC) under Superintendent William Gadayan arrested Victorio Hizon y Lahi, 33, married, a resident of Sta. Cruz, Barangay Tetuan, this city, during the buy-bust operation along Governor Camins Avenue, this city, Wednesday.
Hizon sold a small size sachet containing suspected shabu to a police poseur-buyer resulting to the confiscation of another 1 medium size sachet containing shabu and 2 pieces of P100 marked money bill from his possession.
Another narcotics operation conducted by the ZCPSC resulted to the arrest of two suspected drug pushers at the vicinity of cool spot internet café along Natividad Street, Tetuan, last Tuesday resulting to the arrest of Kimhar Jainuddin y Jackaria, of legal age, of Barangay Sta. Maria, this city, and Allan Libunao y Novelles, of legal age, of Barangay San Roque, this city.
The suspects sold one small sachet containing suspected shabu while another five small plastic sachets containing the same illegal substance were confiscated from their possession.
The P300 marked money bills were also retrieved from their control.
The arrested suspects are now detained at the policestation while the confiscated items were brought to the Regional Crime Laboratory Office 9 (RCLO9) for the quantitative and qualitative examination.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 23/06/2012 18:42 - Zambo fire station to launch own website
- 22/06/2012 10:53 - It's Mercy for Vice Mayor and Mannix for D2 Congress - Jalosjos
- 22/06/2012 10:52 - HDES alarmed over increase in AIDS cases in Zambo
- 22/06/2012 10:51 - CHR: Missing Jordanian journalist should be provided human rights protection
- 22/06/2012 10:51 - DOH assures no imported tainted milk reaches the local market
- 22/06/2012 10:50 - GSIS opens 200 college scholarship grants
- 22/06/2012 10:49 - City gov’t backs Hermosa Chorale
- 22/06/2012 10:49 - Mercy Fernandez resigns as Dapitan councilor to return to Zamboanga
- 22/06/2012 10:48 - ZPCI new officers pay courtesy call on Mayor Lobregat, Chief Supt. Estilles
- 22/06/2012 10:48 - PNP: 2 abducted Chinese nationals taken to Basilan