Saturday, 16 June 2012 13:36
John Eisley C. Sapaih, a fifth grader of the Western Mindanao State University-Integrated Laboratory School, was commended by the City Government of Zamboanga for his championship in the 35th Federation of Duckpin Bowlers of the Philippines (FEDBOP) National Tournament. The tournament was held in Tagum City , Davao del Norte last April 23-28.
A resolution lauding the 9 year old lad was adopted by the Sangguniang Panglungsod of Zamboanga during its May 2 session. Sapaih is the son of Nurhusin Sapaih and Lea Sapaih who are employees of the Office of the City Agriculturist. John Eisley’s parents are also bowlers.
Being the Champion for the last two years, John Eisley had also successfully defended his title as Champion for three consecutive years, thus making him a hall famer of the FEDBOP. It was the first ever victory for the city of Zamboanga in this field. Sapaih was also considered the youngest bowler to win such distinction.
by: EKEENA O. LIM
- 18/06/2012 12:57 - Dead man found in Talon-Talon
- 18/06/2012 12:56 - Mercy Fernandez favors adjusting age for criminal liability
- 18/06/2012 12:55 - PRC-9 goes mobile
- 18/06/2012 12:54 - Businessman shot dead
- 16/06/2012 13:37 - Man shot dead in Guiwan
- 16/06/2012 13:35 - Lobregat says further study needed on proposed privatization of public hospitals
- 16/06/2012 13:35 - Basilan landmine explosion injures rubber plantation worker
- 16/06/2012 13:34 - Foreign journalist, two others reported missing in Jolo
- 16/06/2012 13:34 - Earthquake hits Zamboanga City
- 16/06/2012 13:33 - Riding-in-tandem men rob store at gunpoint