Friday, 15 June 2012 11:14
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Revenue District Office 93-A revealed that their office reached its target collection for the month of May, this year.
Revenue District Officer Merlyn DV Vicente said for the month of May, the office collected P159,898,464.95 with a target goal of only P151,812,000. The increase was 5.33% equivalent to P8,086,464.95.
Last April, the office failed to meet their target collection of P201 Million since the office only collected P196 Million. They were short by P5.5 Million, equivalent to 2.77%.
For January, the office collected P141,670,168.44, February P117,750,036.28, and P150,996,736.31 in March. The collection of the office came from the Income Tax Returns, transfer taxes, government projects, andseveral business taxes.
Last year, the office was tasked to collect P1.6 Billion while this year, it was increased to more than P1.8 Billion. The BIR will conduct strict monitoring on the compliance of all withholding taxes in government and private. Aside from this, the office will also continue the tax compliance verification drive, their regular tax mapping, and tax information drive.
By:R.G. Antonet Go
- 16/06/2012 13:33 - Riding-in-tandem men rob store at gunpoint
- 16/06/2012 13:33 - Court dismisses petition for TRO vs Zamcelco AGMA
- 15/06/2012 11:25 - Sen. Enrile says Congress eyes moving barangay polls to 2016
- 15/06/2012 11:23 - ARMM announces availability of Indonesian scholarships for 'madrasah' teachers
- 15/06/2012 11:17 - Atilano reacts on TRO petition vs Zamcelco's AGMA
- 15/06/2012 11:13 - Zambo Business Chamber holds forum, trade fair
- 15/06/2012 11:13 - DILG sets meetings on disaster preparedness, climate change
- 15/06/2012 11:12 - DOST accepts applications for PSHS scholarship
- 15/06/2012 11:11 - Police ready case vs store owner killer
- 15/06/2012 11:11 - Fishpond owner shot