Thursday, 14 June 2012 11:31
House Deputy Speaker and District I Representative Beng Climaco has called on the public to be vigilant and immediately report to authoritiesany abuse on children and women emphasizing that “we all need to protect children against rape, trafficking and abuse in all its forms”.
Based on statistics by non-government organizations(NGOs) on Child Protection, there has been an increase in incidents of incestand child abuse particularly in the District I area.
The lady solon assured that her office in coordinationwith the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), City SocialWelfare and Development Office (CSWDO), NGOs, Philippine National Police(PNP)-Women’s Desk, Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC) Child Protection Unitwill give utmost help to the victims.
Cong. Climaco has been a staunch advocate of programsintended to protect the rights and welfare of children and women.
Just recently, the District I representative authored, along with Agusan del Norte Rep.Ma. Angelica Amante-Matba and Gabriela Party-list Rep.
Luzviminda Ilaganauthored House Bill 6155 pushing for the establishment of a crisis assistancecenter for women and children in every city and province in the country.
"We continue to work hard for those women trafficked, abused, raped and other formsof abuses made to women”, Cong. Climaco said stressing that the legislationwill be able to address the concerns of this sector and uphold the justice theydeserve.
Meanwhile, the congresswoman, who is the Liberal Party Chair in Zamboanga, denied reports that an alleged trafficker/abuser embroiled in a recent case is a member of the party. She said the person has not been affiliated with the LP nor has been admitted as party member.
by: Marvin Segura
- 15/06/2012 11:12 - DOST accepts applications for PSHS scholarship
- 15/06/2012 11:11 - Police ready case vs store owner killer
- 15/06/2012 11:11 - Fishpond owner shot
- 15/06/2012 11:10 - USAID deputy mission director meets with business chamber
- 14/06/2012 11:32 - Airport manager blames city councilors for delay in transfer of Zambo Airport
- 14/06/2012 11:31 - Comelec temporarily suspends voters' registration nationwide
- 14/06/2012 11:30 - Hataman opens new municipal building in Bongao
- 14/06/2012 11:29 - City gov't honors WWII vets
- 14/06/2012 11:27 - Jalosjos vows to bring order in Zambo
- 14/06/2012 11:26 - Kidney transplants continue at WMMC