Thursday, 14 June 2012 11:24
The local police office has filed a murder case against the suspected killer of Jerry Olaco, 39, married, a security guard detailed at the Philippine Ports Authority (PPA), who was shot to death while driving his motorcycle along Don Toribio Street, Barangay Tetuan, this city, in the evening of May 26, 2012.
Chief Inspector Elmer Acuna, Tetuan Police Station commander, said that based on the information gathered by his office, the assailant was identified as Sajid Basirul y Alih, laso known as Sajid Basirul y Ong, of legal age, married, a habal-habal driver, and a resident of Barangay Talabaan, this city.
A case of murder was filed before the office of the city prosecutor against Basirul docketed under NPS number IX-06-INV-12F-00302.
Olaco, a security guard of Sagittarius Security Agency, was driving his motorcycle with plate number MC 8611 when he was shot in the head by the suspect. He was brought to Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC) but was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Police revealed that the victim came from his work and already on his way home when he was killed.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 14/06/2012 11:31 - Comelec temporarily suspends voters' registration nationwide
- 14/06/2012 11:30 - Hataman opens new municipal building in Bongao
- 14/06/2012 11:29 - City gov't honors WWII vets
- 14/06/2012 11:27 - Jalosjos vows to bring order in Zambo
- 14/06/2012 11:26 - Kidney transplants continue at WMMC
- 14/06/2012 11:22 - Man, two women wounded in another shooting incident
- 14/06/2012 11:20 - Elago seeks TRO vs Zamcelco AGMA
- 13/06/2012 12:49 - Woman, live-in partner shot by ex-lover
- 13/06/2012 12:48 - BFP warns fire code violators
- 13/06/2012 12:48 - Human trafficking case vs JDC dismissed by court