Wednesday, 13 June 2012 12:46
A sari-sari store owner was shot and seriously wounded by her customer at Purok 5, Barangay Recodo, this city, yesterday.
Ayala Police Station commander Sr. Inspector Edilberto Alvarez identified the victim as Evelyn Rolida y Regis, 48, married, a resident of the same barangay.
The victim suffered a single gunshot wound on her right face and was brought to Zamboanga Doctor’s Hospital for medical treatment.
Alvarez named the suspect as Salem Bairula y Musa, 21, also of the said place.
Initial investigation conducted by the responding police personnel of Police Station 9 disclosed that the victim was tending her store when the suspect, allegedly armed with a revolver, suddenly appeared and shot her in the face.
Alvarez told Zamboanga Today that the victim was collecting debt payment from the suspect when the latter allegedly got irked and shot the victim.
Alvarez added that they are still looking into other possible angles on the incident but the angle of personal drudge is now being eyed as the motive of the incident.
A manhunt operation was launched by the local police against the suspect while a frustrated homicide case is being readied by against him in court.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 14/06/2012 11:20 - Elago seeks TRO vs Zamcelco AGMA
- 13/06/2012 12:49 - Woman, live-in partner shot by ex-lover
- 13/06/2012 12:48 - BFP warns fire code violators
- 13/06/2012 12:48 - Human trafficking case vs JDC dismissed by court
- 13/06/2012 12:47 - CSWDO, DSWD want discounts given to PWDs
- 13/06/2012 12:46 - PHL, 3 other countries sign with the U.S. partnership agreements on migrant workers rights
- 13/06/2012 12:45 - PAGASA monitoring 2 potential cyclones
- 12/06/2012 19:20 - Man shot dead in Sta. Catalina
- 12/06/2012 19:19 - Trees for Life in ARMM on Independence Day
- 12/06/2012 19:19 - DOST gives 435,000 mosquito OL traps to all public school classrooms