Saturday, 09 June 2012 12:17
The Philippine National Service Coordinating Agency, in coordination with the Regional Search Committee and the National Economic and Development Authority IX will soon launch the Search for Outstanding Volunteers (SOV) 2012 in Zamboanga Peninsula with the reorganization of the Regional Search Committee.
The SOV recognizes the exemplary performance and dedication of Filipino volunteers, as this will in turn build strong communities across the country. Since, 2001, 96 volunteers and volunteer organizations were already given honor and recognition through SOV.
They serve in various sectors all over the country. The volunteer effort serves as models, as they are considered best practices in volunteerism. In 2011, Ms. Velia S. Ebol, a peace advocate and protector of children ad women’s rights in the province of Zamboanga Sibugay was awarded one of the National Outstanding Volunteers in Malacanang.
The SOV 2012 is composed of two award categories- the National Outstanding Volunteer Award (NOVA) and the Volunteer Lifetime Achievement Award (VLAA).
The NOVA is a recognition conferred to outstanding volunteer individuals and organizations, including corporate volunteering initiatives. The VLAA, on the other hand is conferred to a Filipino volunteer or a Filipino organization or a local chapter of a foreign organization serving in the Philippines for at least twenty-five (25) years.
The Search is open to all individuals of Filipino citizenship and Filipino volunteer organizations, and local chapters of foreign volunteer organizations that currently provide volunteer assistance in the Philippines. The deadline for submission of nominations is on 15 July 2012.The presentation of awards is in Manila during the National Volunteer Month Celebration in December 2012.
Nomination forms are available at NEDA Regional Office IX in Pagadian City and Satellite Office in Zamboanga City. For more information, please contact us at tel no. (062) 925-0048/991-1364 or visit www.pnvsca.gov.ph.
by: Eleanor Reyes/NEDA IX
- 09/06/2012 12:24 - Hataman-Akbar reconciliation a big step towards peace in Basilan says Deles
- 09/06/2012 12:23 - Fabian on 2013 polls, 'The more the merrier'
- 09/06/2012 12:22 - Erbie sponsors blood -letting in Talon-Talon
- 09/06/2012 12:21 - Fisherman charged for possession of explosives
- 09/06/2012 12:18 - Gov’t backs MILF leadership institute
- 08/06/2012 11:08 - Husband kills wife, commits suicide
- 08/06/2012 11:07 - Talisayan Barangay Chair bolts from Lobregat camp
- 08/06/2012 11:06 - Basilan Army Chief to institute security sector reform
- 08/06/2012 11:05 - Swiss gov't eyes importation of sardines from Zamboanga
- 08/06/2012 11:05 - Another drug pusher arrested