Friday, 08 June 2012 11:07
Talisayan barangay chair Josephine “Pin-Pin” Pareja has finally bolted from the Laban ng Demokratikong Pilipino (LDP) party of Mayor Celso Lobregat.
Pareja submitted her irrevocable letter of resignation last Monday to the office of the mayor.
In an interview over RMN, Pareja disclosed her disgust on Lobregat for not supporting the barangay council’s stand against the putting up of the San Ramon Power Inc. coal fired power plant in Sitio San Ramon, Talisayan.
The barangay chairwoman maintained that the coal plant will pose health hazards and water contamination in their community.
She said the mayor and the city council immediately approved the entry of the plant without proper consultation with the affected residents.
“Mabuti lang sana kung ang ash-fall ay diyan mahuhulog sa City Council o sa City Hall, e kaso dito sa aming barangay at kami ang apektado dito,” Pareja said.
This is the reason why Pareja said she decided to resign from the LDP because the mayor is not supporting them in their fight against SRPI.
Meanwhile, Lobregat debunked Pareja’s claim that the city government is not supporting Talisayan.
The chief executive said the city government has poured millions of pesos for the different projects in Talisayan like school buildings, roads and many more.
He asked Pareja to provide better alternative to prevent future blackouts in the city. The mayor said the entry of the coal plant will bring more investments to the city.
“Sabe yo cay ay anda dao ele na otro lao (referring to the Jalosjos camp), so it is all politically motivated,” Lobregat said.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 09/06/2012 12:22 - Erbie sponsors blood -letting in Talon-Talon
- 09/06/2012 12:21 - Fisherman charged for possession of explosives
- 09/06/2012 12:18 - Gov’t backs MILF leadership institute
- 09/06/2012 12:17 - Search for 2012 Outstanding Volunteer is On
- 08/06/2012 11:08 - Husband kills wife, commits suicide
- 08/06/2012 11:06 - Basilan Army Chief to institute security sector reform
- 08/06/2012 11:05 - Swiss gov't eyes importation of sardines from Zamboanga
- 08/06/2012 11:05 - Another drug pusher arrested
- 08/06/2012 11:04 - Zamboanga Press Club to elect new officers
- 08/06/2012 11:03 - Sadain lauds OFWs on Migrant Workers’ Day