Thursday, 07 June 2012 11:28
An army detachment commander was shot to death by an armed auxiliary personnel inside their camp at Sitio Bahandi, Barangay Calabasa, Curuan District, this city, the other day.
Task Force Zamboanga commander Army Colonel Buenaventura Bay Pascual told Zamboanga Today that the victim was identified as Corporal Benjamin Ferrer, assigned with the Civilian Armed Forces Geographical Unit (CAFGU) detachment based in Calabasa.
The suspect was identified as Elpidio Reyes, of legal age, CAFGU member assigned with the same detachment, and a resident of the said place.
Pascual said Ferrer ordered Reyes, his subordinate, to go back to barracks to take some rest because Reyes was allegedly intoxicated. However, instead of following the order, Reyes suddenly fired his M1 Garand Rifle at his superior.
“He was allegedly drunk when rendering his duty. The detachment commander ordered him to take a rest but he was suddenly shot causing his untimely death”, Pascual said.
Pascual said the suspect will be charged with criminal and administrative cases. The suspect hurriedly fled the crime scene after the incident.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 08/06/2012 11:04 - Zamboanga Press Club to elect new officers
- 08/06/2012 11:03 - Sadain lauds OFWs on Migrant Workers’ Day
- 08/06/2012 11:02 - Swiss envoy: Efforts continue to safely recover kidnapped European bird watchers
- 08/06/2012 11:01 - Building blocks for peace in place on the ground - Deles
- 07/06/2012 11:29 - Guard dead, man wounded in Sta. Maria shooting
- 07/06/2012 11:28 - Beng bats center for women, kids nationwide
- 07/06/2012 11:23 - BPI Zamboanga Building poised to be declared a Historical Landmark
- 07/06/2012 11:21 - Council wants food for sale classified
- 07/06/2012 11:19 - LTFRB reminds PUJs to grant fare discounts
- 07/06/2012 11:05 - Man shot in Recodo