Wednesday, 06 June 2012 12:17
A loud explosion jolted the local residents near the elementary school in Barangay Mampang, this city, Monday night, authorities said.
Police said that at about 10:15 in the morning, an explosion was heard at the back portion of the newly constructed grade school building of Mampang Elementary School.
The local police unit's explosive and ordnance disposal (EOD) reported that after rendering safe procedure, the team recovered the safety lever of the MK2 fragmentation hand grenade that exploded in the area.
Based on the police investigation, the jalousie windows of the classroom were destroyed because of the impact of grenade explosion.
No reports of casualty or injury in the incident, according to the report.
The recovered grenade particle was brought to the EOD headquarters in Camp Eduardo Batalla for safekeeping and disposition.
Tetuan Police Station commander Chief Inspector Elmer Acuña clarified that the incident has no connection to any possible retaliatory of warring parties in the previous incidents in the Barangays of Arena Blanco, Talon-Talon and Mampang.
Acuña said that they have already established the possible are motive but yet is still needed for further investigation.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 07/06/2012 11:05 - Man shot in Recodo
- 07/06/2012 11:04 - Sadain calls for hoisting of Zambo flag with PH flag
- 07/06/2012 11:04 - Hataman asks fellow ARMM govs to forget politics of past
- 06/06/2012 12:22 - Hataman and Akbar clans bury hatchet
- 06/06/2012 12:21 - CHO warns public on WILD disease this rainy season
- 06/06/2012 12:16 - Dapitan City mayor vouches for Jalosjos' 'transformation'
- 06/06/2012 12:15 - Mother's boyfriend hacked to death 19-year-old daughter
- 06/06/2012 12:14 - PENRO plants 26,000 mahogany seedlings in five towns in Sulu
- 06/06/2012 12:09 - PRC to celebrate Blood Donors Day
- 06/06/2012 12:05 - Puñada Martial Arts holds 'Gala Night'