Wednesday, 06 June 2012 12:05
The Puñada Martial Arts, International held its yearly "Gala Night" and belting ceremony at the Grand Astoria hotel over the weekend.
The occasion was highlighted with the official launching of Puñada as Chavacano martial arts. It was participated by 100 players, who performed different street fighting.
"We want to propagate (Puñada) as Asia's Latin City martial arts," master Ernesto "Nestee" Luis Jr. said.
Puñada (armao y desarmao systema de defensa) is an armed and unarmed defense system and a dynamic kind of martial arts unifying the mind, body and spirit that follows the principle of body movements, balance and stability, coordination and maximizes power without limitations as it exhibit physical prowess, discipline, humility and a good attitude of one's self as its ultimate goal.
This system of street fighting fascinated a Zamboangueño martial artist Nestee Luis, jr., who came home from the United States in 1992 piqued by the sight of men in the city’s east and west coasts barangays and observed friendly duel with chops and thrusts armed with bamboo-sheath bolos, knives and bamboo sticks.
Master Nestee Luis has also taught Puñada as a Zamboangueño martial arts to the American Special Forces and Navy Seals in the Balikatan Exercises, he is also conducting regular training workshops across the region.
The memberships include 5-year-old kids to 65 years of age with the on-going training of pioneer black belt in Puñada Martial Arts, located in Canelar, this city.
Any interested applicants will be entertained by Puñada Martial Arts family at telephone number (062) 993-0741.
by: Monch L. Follosco
- 06/06/2012 12:17 - Grenade explosion jolts school in Mampang
- 06/06/2012 12:16 - Dapitan City mayor vouches for Jalosjos' 'transformation'
- 06/06/2012 12:15 - Mother's boyfriend hacked to death 19-year-old daughter
- 06/06/2012 12:14 - PENRO plants 26,000 mahogany seedlings in five towns in Sulu
- 06/06/2012 12:09 - PRC to celebrate Blood Donors Day
- 06/06/2012 12:04 - Two Chinese traders abducted in Kabasalan, Zambo Sibugay
- 05/06/2012 11:38 - Hataman, Akbar to sign peace covenant today
- 05/06/2012 11:37 - All set for Migrant Workers Day on June 7 -- OWWA
- 05/06/2012 11:35 - BPI announces 'Ciento' celebrations, opening of its Zamboanga Museum
- 05/06/2012 11:33 - Fabian calls on residents to adopt measures for preventive of dengue