Sunday, 03 June 2012 14:56
Two persons were shot and wounded in two separate shooting incidents at Barangays Patalon and Lumbangan, this city, last Friday and Saturday, respectively.
Police identified the victims as Alex Nori y Musa, 33, married, jobless, of Agrarian, Patalon and Dwin Saavedra y Delos Reyes, of legal age, of Lumbangan.
Labuan Police Station commander, chief Inspector Roberto Marcos, said that Nori was shot in his left palm and brought to Labuan Community Hospital for medical treatment later was discharged after medication.
Marcos said the victim was standing outside their house when he was shot by unidentified assailant, “however, Nori turned over a slug of 5.56mm Armalite Rifle that he recovered from the crime scene”.
Marcos added that his office is still conducting continuous investigation to identify the suspect and determine the motive of the incident.
Meanwhile, Lumbangan Barangay Chairman Boy Arcillas said that the Saavedra was allegedly shot by his nephew identified as Alexander Alvarez y Delos Reyes, 32, also from the same place.
Arcillas added that the victim and his nephew have a heated argument prior to the incident due to the water pipe connection in their area.
The victim sustained gunshot wound on his body and brought to Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC) by the barangay officials for medical treatment.
Alvarez was arrested and presently detained at Divisoria Police Station pending proper investigation.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 04/06/2012 11:51 - GPH-MILF peace initiatives get big boost
- 04/06/2012 11:51 - NGCP prepares transmission lines for rainy seasons
- 04/06/2012 11:50 - Red Bowl opens at Zambo airport
- 04/06/2012 11:50 - 3 hurt in motorcycle-truck collision in Sangali road
- 04/06/2012 11:43 - Construction of new floating school for Badjao children kicks off this week, says WMSU
- 03/06/2012 14:56 - DENR CENRO celebrates Environment Month
- 03/06/2012 14:55 - Enesando supporters urge him to run for Congress in District 2
- 03/06/2012 14:54 - Lobregat inaugurates P16.5M worth of 2 school buildings in Talon Talon
- 03/06/2012 14:54 - MILF against Pulangi power privatization
- 03/06/2012 14:53 - Nuño: Conversion of ZCMC into GOCC will affect poor residents