Friday, 01 June 2012 11:17
Deputy Speaker for Mindanao and Zamboanga City District I Congresswoman Maria Isabelle Climaco-Salazar said justice was exemplified when Supreme Court Chief Justice Renato Corona was convicted last Tuesday in the first ever full blown Impeachment Trial in the country.
Climaco said, “We thank God for justice exemplified. The trial taught us a lesson to be always accountable to the public.”
When asked if the Chief Justice deserves the verdict, the Deputy Speaker said “Tama at unexpected yung verdict.”
She explained that she did not expect 20 senators to vote guilty and only three senators voted to acquit. She added that the verdict was correct.
The three senators who voted to aquit Corona were Joker Arroyo, Miriam Defensor-Santiago, and Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
Corona is the first ranking official to be removed from office through impeachment.
The five months impeachment trial and the verdict on the Chief Justice was viewed nationwide by people from all walks of life.
Aside from this, Climaco also reminded everyone that “Integrity must guide us in all we do.”
By:R.G. Antonet Go
- 02/06/2012 11:09 - Assemblyman Ilimin lambasts DepEd under previous administration
- 02/06/2012 11:08 - Security guard, companion shot wounded in Guiwan
- 02/06/2012 11:08 - Lawmakers to amend ARMM Organic Act
- 02/06/2012 11:07 - 2 suspected thieves arrested in Bolong
- 01/06/2012 11:20 - Motorcycle bomb explosion rocks Isabela City, Basilan
- 01/06/2012 11:17 - Lobregat says transfer of Valles is great loss for Zambo
- 01/06/2012 11:16 - Fabian sponsors bowling tourney for media
- 01/06/2012 11:13 - NGCP urges public to protect transmission lines
- 01/06/2012 11:13 - Ayala police launch manhunt vs armed men
- 01/06/2012 11:12 - Suspects in cop slay identified