Friday, 01 June 2012 11:17
“The transfer of Archbishop Romulo Valles to Davao is a great loss for Zamboanga City.”
This was the sentiment expressed by Mayor Celso Lobregat the other day saying Davao City stands to benefit from the reassignment of Valles there.
Lobregat said the archbishop was very supportive of his administration especially during the fight of the city government against the inclusion of the city in the expanded Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
The chief executive stressed that the prelate had broaden the vision of the Almighty in pursuit of peace and unity among his flock.
But, just like a good soldier, Valles had to obey the order of the Catholic Church based in Rome for his relocation to Davao Cathedral.
Lobregat hopes the vacancy left by Valles will be filled by Rome soon with another benevolent, caring and compassionate Man of God.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 02/06/2012 11:08 - Security guard, companion shot wounded in Guiwan
- 02/06/2012 11:08 - Lawmakers to amend ARMM Organic Act
- 02/06/2012 11:07 - 2 suspected thieves arrested in Bolong
- 01/06/2012 11:20 - Motorcycle bomb explosion rocks Isabela City, Basilan
- 01/06/2012 11:17 - Beng: Justice exemplified in Corona's conviction
- 01/06/2012 11:16 - Fabian sponsors bowling tourney for media
- 01/06/2012 11:13 - NGCP urges public to protect transmission lines
- 01/06/2012 11:13 - Ayala police launch manhunt vs armed men
- 01/06/2012 11:12 - Suspects in cop slay identified
- 01/06/2012 11:04 - Gov't 'comfortable' with conclusion of 28th formal talks with MILF - Leonen