Thursday, 31 May 2012 11:55
After long years of deep slumber, the Concerned Citizen Aggrupation (CCA) will soon be revived if approved by the Commission on Elections.
This, after Atty. Abelardo “Tongo” Climaco Jr. and Dr. Cesar “Junie” Climaco Jr. have requested the Comelec office the procedures, fees and other official actions to be taken to restore back the old political party.
In their letter to the Comelec Election Registrar dated May 30, 2012, Atty. Climaco, son of deceased Atty. Abelardo Climaco Sr. and Dr. Climaco son of legendary mayor Cesar Climaco disclosed the intention for the revival of the CCA party is to participate in the forthcoming 2013 elections wherein the party will fill candidates to run for local office.
According to Tongo, they are trying to revitalize the party to use it for their political ambition in the 2013 elections.
He said Dr. Junie will run for congress in District 1 while he will run for the same congressional post in District 2.
“For many long years in the past a political party in the regional level was registered in your office under the name of Concerned Citizen Aggrupation (CCA). The said political party participated in the local election as well as in the Batasan Elections during the Marcos regime. And during that elections many of its candidates won for elective offices in the local and regional level, and one of them is the legendary Mayor Cesar Climaco,” the letter stated.
Tongo said following the death of the legendary mayor, the party participated in the local elections wherein he run for vice mayor with complete line up in the council slate.
He said many of the councilors who ran with the CCA such as Roberto Villares, Atty. Crecensiano Cabanlit were elected and since then to the present the political party had not anymore filled any candidates for local office. For this reason the CCA became dormant.
“Our campaign slogan will still remain, Vote CCA All the Way,”
by: Nonong Santiago
- 01/06/2012 11:04 - Gov't 'comfortable' with conclusion of 28th formal talks with MILF - Leonen
- 31/05/2012 12:12 - Another cop shot dead in Barangay Tetuan
- 31/05/2012 12:08 - 4TH Special Forces Battalion joins ISAWAD in Tree Planting
- 31/05/2012 12:08 - Region IX’s potential Agri Product is Rubber -- DA
- 31/05/2012 12:00 - ARMM governors attend GPH-MILF peace talks as observers in Malaysia
- 31/05/2012 11:54 - Ex-Brgy. Dita treasurer shot to death
- 31/05/2012 11:53 - Jalosjos: Zambo City needs wide,better roads
- 31/05/2012 11:51 - Lobregat says City spent billions for projects
- 31/05/2012 11:50 - LTO IX: There’s no exemption from Helmet Act
- 31/05/2012 11:50 - RDC's agri-industrial development committee to convene on June 4