Thursday, 31 May 2012 11:53
"We will lead the way in accelerating improvements in Zamboanga City." This is the declaration made by Zamboanguenos for the Transformation of Zamboanga (ZTZ) organizer Romeo "Nonong" Jalosjos during the recent inauguration of the group's headquarters at the Tetuan Highway in Zamboanga City.
Jalosjos said Zamboanga as a developing city deserves wider and better roads unlike the present road conditions. The former Zamboanga del Norte congressman, who already announced that he will run for mayor of Zamboanga City in 2013, said he is returning to his birthplace to work for what he termed as "real development."
Jalosjos, who is described by business partners and co-leaders as visionary, said one of his ideas is to decongest Zamboanga City and spread out developments to the east and west coasts of the city.
The mayoralty aspirant said he is planning to commission an expert to put all his plans for the city's transformation in a 3D presentation to be presented to the public at an appropriate time.
By Frank Buenaventura
- 31/05/2012 12:08 - 4TH Special Forces Battalion joins ISAWAD in Tree Planting
- 31/05/2012 12:08 - Region IX’s potential Agri Product is Rubber -- DA
- 31/05/2012 12:00 - ARMM governors attend GPH-MILF peace talks as observers in Malaysia
- 31/05/2012 11:55 - CCA to be revived
- 31/05/2012 11:54 - Ex-Brgy. Dita treasurer shot to death
- 31/05/2012 11:51 - Lobregat says City spent billions for projects
- 31/05/2012 11:50 - LTO IX: There’s no exemption from Helmet Act
- 31/05/2012 11:50 - RDC's agri-industrial development committee to convene on June 4
- 31/05/2012 11:48 - 55-year-old separated man commits suicide
- 31/05/2012 11:47 - 4TH Special Forces Battalion joins ISAWAD in Tree Planting Activity