Thursday, 31 May 2012 11:51
Mayor Celso Lobregat the other day disclosed the city government has spent billions of pesos for the implementation of different projects in the barangays during his term as chief executive.
Lobregat said for Barangay Tumaga alone, his administration has already spent P83 million worth of projects since 2007 to present.
The chief executive’s revelation came about when he inaugurated last Sunday the newly-constructed Tumaga barangay hall amounting to P4 million.
Last February, the mayor inaugurated the barangay health center situated in the same 3,000-meter lot purchased by the city government.
According to Lobregat, the city government has allocated P21 million for the construction of a two-storey 24-classroom school building for the Jalon Elementary School in the said community.
“Tumaga is one of the barangays which is benefiting from different projects implemented by the city government. Since 2007 up to the present the city government has allotted P83 million worth of projects to Tumaga. The other projects include slope protection, farm to market roads, rehabilitation of schools and many others,” Lobregat said.
During the inauguration the mayor commended members of the city council who approved the budget for the many projects in Tumaga clearly singling out the opposition councilors who he said did not approved the resolution to allocate funds for the projects.
Except for Councilors Mel Sadain, Rommel Agan, Jawo Jimenez and Rudy Bayot all the councilors of the majority bloc were present in the affair.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 31/05/2012 12:08 - Region IX’s potential Agri Product is Rubber -- DA
- 31/05/2012 12:00 - ARMM governors attend GPH-MILF peace talks as observers in Malaysia
- 31/05/2012 11:55 - CCA to be revived
- 31/05/2012 11:54 - Ex-Brgy. Dita treasurer shot to death
- 31/05/2012 11:53 - Jalosjos: Zambo City needs wide,better roads
- 31/05/2012 11:50 - LTO IX: There’s no exemption from Helmet Act
- 31/05/2012 11:50 - RDC's agri-industrial development committee to convene on June 4
- 31/05/2012 11:48 - 55-year-old separated man commits suicide
- 31/05/2012 11:47 - 4TH Special Forces Battalion joins ISAWAD in Tree Planting Activity
- 30/05/2012 11:01 - Leonen: Meaningful autonomy is collective, democratic