Saturday, 26 May 2012 11:38
An armed man with a standing arrest warrant for murder allegedly engaged in a brief shootout against operatives of the Zamboanga City Public Safety Company (ZCPSC) along Governor Ramos Avenue, Barangay Sta. Maria, this city, last Wednesday.
Police disclosed that the suspect, armed with a handgun, opened fire at the police operatives while serving the warrant of arrest for the crime of murder docketed under criminal case number 25541 issued by Honorable Judge Gregorio Dela Peña III, RTC 9, Branch 12 on May 11, 2011, with no bail bond recommended.
Reports identified the accused as Christopher Barado, of legal age, and a resident of Alvarez Drive, Barangay Mampang, this city.
Initial investigation revealed that the police operatives led by Sr. Insp. Jade Mandi under the supervision of Superintendent William Gadayan was tailing the suspect from Logoy Grande, Barangay Talon-Talon, this city, to Governor Ramos, Sta. Maria on board a color gray Toyota Innova SUV with plate number JDM 177.
Probers said Barado alighted from the vehicle and proceeded inside an alley along Governor Ramos prompting the policemen to approach him and serve the arrest warrant. However, he suddenly pulled out an unknown type of handgun then fired at the operatives.
Accordingly, a brief exchange of gunfire ensued between the policemen and the accused then the Barado was seen hiding in a vacant lot with a visible gunshot wound at the back of his body.
However, the policemen failed to locate the handgun of the suspect which he allegedly disposed while the lawmen were chasing him.
Barado was brought to Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC) by responding emergency medical team for proper medication while under police custody.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 28/05/2012 13:11 - Two Zamboanguenos appointed to NFARMC
- 28/05/2012 13:10 - OWWA meet OFW leaders, Institutional partners
- 28/05/2012 13:09 - Red Cross top official lauds local chapter
- 28/05/2012 13:09 - Cops arrest murder suspect
- 28/05/2012 13:00 - Alcala turns over to Sibugay various agri projects, items
- 26/05/2012 11:37 - DA Secretary bares increase in banana exports to China
- 26/05/2012 11:37 - Jalosjos sees strength in united Zambopen
- 26/05/2012 11:36 - OWWA R-9 assists three OFW deportees
- 26/05/2012 11:36 - Aquino gov't to remove beneficiaries of 4Ps from cycle of poverty - Malacanang
- 26/05/2012 11:35 - Man shot dead by neighbor