Saturday, 26 May 2012 11:37
"There should be a united Zamboanga Peninsula so we can have strong voice down here." This is how Zamboanga City mayoralty aspirant Romeo "Nonong" Jalosjos viewed as one reason why he is coming back for the local political race in 2013.
Jalosjos said Zamboanga City should not grow alone and that it should consider its neighbors.
"It should share growth and development with the neighboring towns,cities and provinces," the former Zamboanga del Norte congressman said.
He denied rumors spread by certain political camp that his coming to Zamboanga City is to expand his political dynasty.
"Political dynasty is forcing your family members into power. We're not doing that as we'representing ourselves to the people to decide and elect us," said the 71-year-old Jalosjos patriarch whose brothers, sons, daughter are holding political positions from town,city mayor to governor and crongressman in most part of the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Jalosjos said his running for mayor of Zamboanga City is more of including the city in the grand plan to create a united Zamboanga Peninsula. He likened the plan to the so-called 'Solid North" of Luzon where progress and development rapidly reached from the time of Marcos era because leaders were all united.
"You just imagine how much progress we can bring here if we have a united Zamboanga Peninsula that get the attention of the national government," Jalosjos pointed out.
by: Frank Buenaventura
- 28/05/2012 13:09 - Red Cross top official lauds local chapter
- 28/05/2012 13:09 - Cops arrest murder suspect
- 28/05/2012 13:00 - Alcala turns over to Sibugay various agri projects, items
- 26/05/2012 11:38 - Wanted man engages cops in shootout in Sta. Maria
- 26/05/2012 11:37 - DA Secretary bares increase in banana exports to China
- 26/05/2012 11:36 - OWWA R-9 assists three OFW deportees
- 26/05/2012 11:36 - Aquino gov't to remove beneficiaries of 4Ps from cycle of poverty - Malacanang
- 26/05/2012 11:35 - Man shot dead by neighbor
- 26/05/2012 11:34 - ARMM organizes children art workshop for peace
- 26/05/2012 11:32 - Astoria gives out 800 notebooks for Lumayang studes