Friday, 25 May 2012 10:59
A boat captain was declared dead on arrival in a local hospital after a road mishap along the national highway of Barangay Sinununc, this city, last Tuesday.
Report disclosed that the victim, identified as Roseller Lagarto y Aguilar, 43, a resident of Sitio Daap, Barangay Sangali, this city, suffered multiple injuries on the different part of his body.
He was rushed to Zamboanga Brent Hospital for medical treatment but the attending physician declared him dead upon arrival at the aforementioned hospital.
Sinunuc Police Station commander Sr. Insp. Joel Nosa told Zamboanga Today that Lagarto was driving his motorcycle with plate number 4715 JA on his way to the city proper when he allegedly encroached the opposite lane and accidentally bumped a fish carrier with plate number JCF 497 driven by Arwin Jose Dumayaca y Bugtay, 44, married, of Barangay Tugbungan, this city.
Nosa said Dumayaca surrendered to the police and is now detained at the police station while the case is still under investigation.
By Eugene A. Lasprillla
- 26/05/2012 11:34 - ARMM organizes children art workshop for peace
- 26/05/2012 11:32 - Astoria gives out 800 notebooks for Lumayang studes
- 25/05/2012 11:01 - Lobregat to Jimenez: 'Corre Noy para nuay mas na consejo'
- 25/05/2012 11:00 - Beng pours in P1M for Red Cross equipment
- 25/05/2012 11:00 - BIR IX fails to meet April target
- 25/05/2012 10:59 - Mayor Lobregat inaugurates three projects in Lansones
- 25/05/2012 10:58 - CHED reiterates no collection of fees during enrolment
- 25/05/2012 10:57 - Explosion kills one, wounds four in Sibugay
- 25/05/2012 10:56 - Farmer dies of electrocution
- 25/05/2012 10:56 - Hataman: Livelihood, education to end kidnapping