Friday, 25 May 2012 10:59
Mayor Celso Lobregat yesterday led city and barangay officials in the inauguration of three projects worth P3.7 million in barangay Lansones, this city.
The mayor first inaugurated the newly concreted 503 linear-meter farm to market road that connects Guisao to Lansones and the completion of the road cementing that connects the barangays of Lansones and Tolosa amounting to P2.7 million plus the inauguration of the 91 linear-meter slope protection worth P1 million.
Aside from the officials, several residents in the barangay have witnessed the inaugural ceremony of the different projects since the people were celebrating their community fiesta.
Lansones barangay chair Cesar Sanson thanked Lobregat and the members of the City Council for approving the budget of the projects.
“Ta pidi gayot kame gracias kun mayor y conel maga consejales cay ya aprova sila el budget para este proyecto. Ta pidi tamen kame cun mayor que si puede pone fondo para el construccion del diamon barangay hall, multipurpose hall y cementada del otro camino aki na diamon barrio,” Sanson said in the vernacular.
Lobregat said last year the city government inaugurated the barangay water system which was turned over to the Zamboanga City Water District to manage its operations.
According to Lobregat, thousands of residents from the barangays of Guisao, Lansones and Tolosa are now benefiting from the water project.
As this developed, Lobregat, City Engineer Luis Despalo and Sanson inspected the lot which is owned by the barangay for the construction of the new barangay hall.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 26/05/2012 11:32 - Astoria gives out 800 notebooks for Lumayang studes
- 25/05/2012 11:01 - Lobregat to Jimenez: 'Corre Noy para nuay mas na consejo'
- 25/05/2012 11:00 - Beng pours in P1M for Red Cross equipment
- 25/05/2012 11:00 - BIR IX fails to meet April target
- 25/05/2012 10:59 - Boat captain dies in road mishap
- 25/05/2012 10:58 - CHED reiterates no collection of fees during enrolment
- 25/05/2012 10:57 - Explosion kills one, wounds four in Sibugay
- 25/05/2012 10:56 - Farmer dies of electrocution
- 25/05/2012 10:56 - Hataman: Livelihood, education to end kidnapping
- 25/05/2012 10:55 - JMC to hold prayer, healing sessions