Friday, 25 May 2012 10:58
The Department of Education (DepEd) Division Office of Zamboanga City will still implement the No Collection Policy upon enrolment for School Year 2012 to 2013.
The Officer-in-Charge of the Office of the Schools Division Superintendent Pedro Melchor M. Natividad said in an interview, “The no collection policy shall be strictly implemented during enrolment and if there are contributions and other authorized fee, it must all be voluntary in nature.”
The only authorized fees allowed by the DEPED but should still be voluntary include boy scout, girl scout, red cross, school paper, and the Parents Teachers Association PTA.
According to Natividad, the enrolment is now ongoing in all public elementary and public high schools.
On the yearly complaints of parents that some principals are collecting fees during enrollment, Natividad said. “We encourage parents to put their complaints into writing. Saka gayot ebidensiya para pwede quita diciplina conesos maga principals ta colecta during enrollment.”
He also appealed especially to the parents to really send their children to school as the opening of classes scheduled on June 4 nears. “Tan appeal quita na maga mayores manda gayot entra eskwela conel maga anak. Noma quita man consider el pobresa as a rason para hinde manda entra eskwela conel maga bata. Providing education to our children is our moral obligation.”
By: R.G. Antonet Go
- 25/05/2012 11:01 - Lobregat to Jimenez: 'Corre Noy para nuay mas na consejo'
- 25/05/2012 11:00 - Beng pours in P1M for Red Cross equipment
- 25/05/2012 11:00 - BIR IX fails to meet April target
- 25/05/2012 10:59 - Boat captain dies in road mishap
- 25/05/2012 10:59 - Mayor Lobregat inaugurates three projects in Lansones
- 25/05/2012 10:57 - Explosion kills one, wounds four in Sibugay
- 25/05/2012 10:56 - Farmer dies of electrocution
- 25/05/2012 10:56 - Hataman: Livelihood, education to end kidnapping
- 25/05/2012 10:55 - JMC to hold prayer, healing sessions
- 24/05/2012 11:34 - CHO: No to Tawa-Tawa for Dengue treatment