Wednesday, 23 May 2012 11:29
Fisher associations in Tabuaan-lasa in Basilan Province yesterday received some units of fishing boats and payao as part of Acting Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Regional Governor Mujiv Hataman's administration livelihood program.
Hataman personally distributed eight units of fishing boats and eight units of shallow-water payao to local fisher folk-residents in Saluping.
"Nagbigay kami sa apat na barangay sa Tabuan-lasa...dalawang payao at dalawang banca kada barangay sa mga association...part t ito ng livelihood program namin na tinatawag na HELPS (health, education, livelihood, political reform, synergy)," the ARMM governor said.
Hataman also said: "Ito ang thrush namin ngayon after 100 days...pag assumed namin ang pinaka focus namin governance..I mean iyong reforms continuing pa rin...kailangan lang namin bigyan ng socio-economic development para madama ng mga tao kasi kaya nga nag re-reform ka sa governance para mabawasan ang corruption para madama ng mga tao ang tulong mo."
The distribution of fisheries-related livelihood facilities to the fisher groups is also part to the ARMM's Fish for Peace Program that seeks to address habitat protection, Binhi Para Sa Kapayapaan, and, KaPAYAOpaan for livelihood generation and resource rehabilitation.
The "Fish for Peace" program is not the typical dole out livelihood program of the government as this is firmly anchored on a strong partnership and collaboration between and among the stakeholders, each partner having to give something to ensure that the program will be implemented properly. --
by Hader Glang
- 23/05/2012 11:40 - Four minors nabbed for downtown robbery incidents
- 23/05/2012 11:38 - Student thanks Astoria for mountain bike
- 23/05/2012 11:36 - Brigada Eskwela 2012 kicks off
- 23/05/2012 11:34 - No court holiday in Zambo as CJ takes witness stand
- 23/05/2012 11:31 - DMI-St. Joseph Circle attends 18th Biennial Convention Tagaytay City
- 23/05/2012 11:26 - KFRG member arrested
- 23/05/2012 11:24 - Shooting suspect surrenders
- 23/05/2012 11:21 - Red Cross to inaugurate new edifice
- 22/05/2012 14:18 - Jalosjos opens main political headquarters in Zamboanga
- 22/05/2012 14:17 - P8.59-B transition investment plan for ARMM up for discussion