Wednesday, 23 May 2012 11:26
Operatives of the Intelligence Section and Task Force Hunter of Zamboanga City Police Office (ZCPO) under the supervision of Sr. Insp. Edilberto Alvarez arrested an alleged member of a kidnap-for-ransom-group (KFRG) along Barcelona Street, downtown area, last Monday.
Reports identified the accused as Kammak J. Ibno alias Mohammad Ibno y Muksan, 37, married, and a resident of Barangay Sta. Catalina, this city.
Police disclosed that Ibno was arrested by virtue of a warrant of arrest for the crime of kidnapping under article 267 of the revised penal code of the Philippines as amended by R.A. 7659 docketed under criminal case number 26004 issued by Honorable Judge Peter Eisma of RTC, branch 15 dated October 5, 2011.
The accused is now detained at the local police office for interrogation prior to his presentation to the proper court for disposition.
Further information received by Zamboanga Today disclosed that the accused was tagged as involved in the foiled kidnapping of a 9-year-old girl, Dana Champaigne Amba, a grade two pupil, of Sta. Catalina, last December 2008.
Ibno was identified as one of the five members of the kidnap-for-ransom-group by his companion, Abdila Ali, 22, a native of Cotabato City, during a tactical interrogation conducted by the personnel of the local police.
Ali allegedly belongs to a KFRG based in Central Mindanao and was arrested in this city.
Ali is now detained at the Zamboanga City Reformatory Center (ZCRC).
Ibno however denied all the allegations made by Ali and claimed that he was befriended by the latter and that he just offered his house for temporary shelter while waiting for the release of his National Statistics Office (NSO) birth certificate.
Ibno said as fixer of the said office, he offered help to Ali to fast track the issuance of the document “but never had knowledge in their planned kidnapping”.
When asked why he was seen standing along Governor Lim Avenue prior to his arrest, he replied that he was waiting for someone who needs help in requesting for NSO birth certificate.
BY Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 23/05/2012 11:38 - Student thanks Astoria for mountain bike
- 23/05/2012 11:36 - Brigada Eskwela 2012 kicks off
- 23/05/2012 11:34 - No court holiday in Zambo as CJ takes witness stand
- 23/05/2012 11:31 - DMI-St. Joseph Circle attends 18th Biennial Convention Tagaytay City
- 23/05/2012 11:29 - Hataman gives boats, livelihood gears to fishers in Basilan's Tabuan-lasa
- 23/05/2012 11:24 - Shooting suspect surrenders
- 23/05/2012 11:21 - Red Cross to inaugurate new edifice
- 22/05/2012 14:18 - Jalosjos opens main political headquarters in Zamboanga
- 22/05/2012 14:17 - P8.59-B transition investment plan for ARMM up for discussion
- 22/05/2012 14:17 - PAF joins 'Brigada Eskwela'